Rockford Fosgate P3s

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 38
I was wondering if there a good sub...My buddy has P2s running 350rms to them and they pound pretty good...u can hear him about 300ft away...I was wondering what P3s would roughly do with rougly 400 rms running through them!! are they better than P2s?

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 39
noone?!?!

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 98
the P3s are better than the p2s but there are ALOT of better subs out...whats your price range...what size...and do u have an amp?

DumbF*ck
Unregistered guest
have some f*cking patience its only been an hour since you posted somethimes it takes more than a hour to answer your question since theyres not many people on right now.Most people will ignore questions like this when you dont have patience now you know why the pros get mad at rookies.

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 40
I asked noone to keep it at the top there thanks........soo it is easy for the pros to see it.......THANKS DUMBF*CK....... well I really only want to spend max of 150 per sub and I already have a box thats fits 2 12s.....and my amp I have is A8002T that my bro gave me.... (I know not the best but it was free)...soo reall I would really only wanna spend 300 at the most for subs!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
look at alpine type R 12" you can find them for about 130 each and they are 500rms...ull underpower them but they should still hit hard and sound good.

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 41
P3s are 500 rms as well but I will only be able to run them at 400rms with that amp!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
there not nearly as good as the type Rs though. but its your call.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 321
the Type Rs are better than those P3s but if i were you i would consider the Eclipse Aluminum better sound quality than both of those subs and still gets pretty loud.....

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 42
well I have deicded the Type R.... and that audiobahn amp for now.... FOR NOW....I am 15 and just getting my license..I think this will be good till i Get a job and then I can upgrade!!

Username: Fac3l3ss

Post Number: 5
I was considering buying the p3's as well i'm a new car stereo buyer can anyone suggest a good sub for me i'm willing to pay anywhere up to $300 for each sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
if you want to spend 300 for each sub you have a whole lot of options...but remember most cars alternators cant handle more than 1000watts rms, so when looking at amps make sure you know what your car can handle.

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 44
yeah I was thinking of running 1 audiobahn A8002T then when get some more money for new alternator and stuff get either another one for get a whole new amp!!

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 165
what about running 1200RMS :-) i drive a 3000Gt with stock alternator and im going to throw in 2 SE's with a 12.1 amp. will that be fine for my alternator? and i cant have bad dimming because i drive it daily to and from school and on the way to school in the morning its pitch dark til summer

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 45
yea see same here...school everyday..I want somthing to thump and not pore money into ti!!

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 486
just find out how many amps your stock alternator puts out. It should be in your manual

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 487
http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp or

Let's say you install a 1,200 watt amplifier in your ride. Your rides charging system must produce enough electrical current to run the amplifier and still power the rest of the car's electrical requirements. Now how do you know how much current is needed? Simple:
step 1: Find out how much RMS wattage your amplifier will produce based on the load presented by your speakers.
step 2: Divide this number by 12 (volts)
step 3: Take the resulting number and multiply by the factor below, based on the amplifier type:
Class AB: *1.4
Class T or D: *1.2
step 4: Add the totals together if there is more than one amplifier in the system
step 5: add your stock alternator's HOT current rating to this figure.
The total you get is the amount of current your car and audio system will draw at peak output.

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 46
thanks bud!!

Post Number: 6
2 Audiobahn ALUM12N 1000 watts rms...i drive a 91 cavalier what type of amp should i get for these subs? and will my car be able to power the amp?

Post Number: 7
2 Audiobahn ALUM12N 1000 watts rms...i drive a 91 cavalier what type of amp should i get for these subs? and will my car be able to power the amp?

Post Number: 8
sorry didn't mean to post twice

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 166
ok i have a 110 amp alternator stock. my car usually runs at about 13.5 volts. 1200/12=100 multiple that by 1.2 = 120. so my 110 amp alternator might need upgrading if tis only pushing 13.3-13.5 now while running?

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
I have around 220 amps going to a 180 amp alt. and the only time it dims the lights is when i have the volume 28/30 or higher on my headunit. You can barely notice the dimming so its not that big of a problem.

if your not sure if your alt. can handle the power try it and you can always get a new one later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us