Problems with new install

Username: Markodude

UK

Post Number: 3
I have a Sony CDX-7750S but I seem to be getting the full range out of all 3 outputs from the head unit (done the cabling and forgot which was which by the time I got to installing the amps). 2 outputs go to my f+r speaker amps and 1 to my sub amp.

Should the sub out be literally just bass,?? and if so how can you adjust the crossover point? The sub level does not seem to be doing anything...

I guess maybe it is just mono and you use the amps built in filter?

Also I am running a Sony XM-2100GTX as the sub amp, and initially it seems to be sounding poor with the JL 10W3 it is connected to. Its meant to be 250w RMS which is what this sub is rated at, but I need to turn the input voltage round to 1 or 2v to get it to start booming - even then it sounds poor quality and uncontrolled like the speaker is struggling to drive it.

Maybe I just have some outputs round the wrong way, will check into this further tomorrow but if anyone has any ideas in the meantime please let me know. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2025

quote:

Should the sub out be literally just bass,??

Yes, it should already have some type of LPF on it. Have you checked your manual to see what type of controls you have over the sub output?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us