Pioneer deh-P8400 problems

Username: Pdubb

Post Number: 1
Just recently my pioneer head unit just started opening and closing on its own. When it opens the power cuts of and then it closes again. It powers back up when it closes and then it opens and then it loses power again and closes. It does this constantly. If I leave the head unit closed, it works fine. Anybody have a solution to this problem????

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2022
Sounds like the faceplate ribbon cable is getting worn down...

Popo
Unregistered guest
Jexx is right. These units suffer from these problems. Call Pioneer or take it to a local car audio place. Shouldn't cost too much.

Username: Mreyna7

Austin, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I have a pioneer DEH P8400 that was working then all of a sudden the faceplate started opening and closing on its own. Then it would also power down on its own too. I had it taken out of my car because I was going to sell it. The person who bought it couldnt install it and gave it back to me. Now it won't even turn on. Before I could at least have the faceplate closed and it would still play the local radio stations. I took it to CARTOYZ but they couldnt figure out why it wouldnt power on. The guy even said that it didn't smell burned or fried. What could this person have possibly done to it when trying to install it to make it not power on??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us