Problem with my system

Username: Reef

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with my system i just installed subs and an amp and it sounds great so i got a new deck hook it up it all worked and sounded good for a couple weeks then every time i turn on my system my subs thump out of control with the volume all the way down, but when i re hook up my old deck it doesnt do that just recently now my old one does it, im really frustrated i cant figure out what it is?

Username: Lukewarm12

Bedford, PA USA

Post Number: 3
My friend had this same problem in his car.....the subs firing uncontrollabley no matter what volume it was on. I pulled his deck out and found his RCA wires were loose and touching part of the car. (I am no expert, but I believe the RCA's were picking up Vibration through the metal of the car and sending them to the amp, causing the unusually sub activity. It is the only thing I can figure).
After I plugged them in tight the subs played fine.
I would check your RCA wires to make sure they plug into the HU tight and make sure there is nowhere they are pinched or freyed along them to your amp.
This is just a possibility, not an answer, I have found in car audio alot of little things can cause a lot of different problems.
My opinion is it is deffinitly a wiring issue somewhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us