Avalanche vs. SX

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 12
I've never heard an SX, but there's A LOT of talk about them right now... I'm just wondering if the SX will get noticeably louder than the Avalanche? I realize there are many factors that contribute to the SPL, but just wondering. What do you think?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2473
it depends on what size SX you get.
the Ava is an SQL sub, but they aren't shy. lol

i think a 15" Ava vs. a 12" SX.....the Ava would take home the trophy.

do you want more SQ or SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 521
like muddy said, the Ava is more comparable to a XXX (not as good) but same league

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2475
i personally would take the Ava.
Joe raves about his(which means it must be good imo.)
and i realize that the more i learn about car audio, and the more systems i am exposed to, the more partial i am to SQ over really loud bass.
but every now and then.....hehe:-)

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 525
I wanted one (ava) b4 i started spending all my time here. People are really persuasive. Now im not sure what i want

Bronze Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 23
well I have my 15" ava and I really do like it. I love the low end that it brings and i'm gonna build a sealed box to really see the SQ. BUT... I am torn between getting something different just to get loud. I have a MBQuart raa1000. So I can push a clean 1000w at 1ohm. I'm thinking of getting getting 2 SE or 1 SX. (12" SE or a 15" SX). Those would both work with my amp running them at 1ohm. I figure I can put the Ava on ebay and get 250 back. I don't know what I really want to do yet. It will change tomorrow for sure...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4110
if you like the SQ of the music you listen to the main thing you are gonna miss is the ava's detail and ability to be a very acoustic sub. I am not knocking the SX they will get very loud but I love having the ability to get loud and sound fantastic while doing it:-) I wouldnt trade my ava for anything!

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 114
do you have your abalanche sealed or ported?And how many watts are you running to it?

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 115
Is your avalanche sealed or ported?And how many watts are you running to it?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2311
James is Avalanche 15 is 2.5 sealed powered by a Orion HCCA 250g4

Bronze Member

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 34
mine is ported (4ft^3 at 26hz) and i'm powering it with a mb quart RAA1000. I have the gains set pretty conservatively though, it doesnt need the full power to reach max excursion. So I guess it's getting 800-900watts. I wonder what 2 12" SE would sound like compared to the Ava. i wish I could hear them first...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us