PLEASE HELP

Unregistered guest
I have 2 jl's running off a 400 watt amp and they work fine. I also have 2 pyramid hyper pro's (pw1086-x) 800w a piece running off an 800 watt 4 channel amp (lanzar vibe 418, so they are getting 400 watts each. My problem is when I turn up the volume not even half way, which isnt that loud yet the hyper pros cut off and my amps protect light comes on. Ive tried messing w/the settings like high low and full and turned off the bass boost but the same thing happens every time. They are hooked up exactly the same as my jl's and I have no problem. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

turn the gain down on the amp and if possible on the amp reduce the bass boost as much as possible..if that dosnt work maybe its lack of power from your alternator(i could be wrong)

LiCiD
Unregistered guest
I turned the gain down all the way, turned bass boost off on my amp, and turned bass all the way down on my head unit. It did help some as I can turn it up a little louder than b4 without the pros cutting out. If my alternator was bad I dont think my JL's would work either. My car is a 2001 neon. Thank you very much for that info though!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1953
tell us exactly how this is wired up..
how many coils, what load per coil, how they're wired, how the amp is wired, etc..
need to figure out of the subs are presenting too low of a load to the amp causing thermal protection

Unregistered guest
my power cable runs from my battery to a power distribution block, which go's to each amp. from the vibe 418 amp i have 2 10" pyarmid hyper pros pw1086-x which are 700w a piece i said 800w b4, my bad. They have one 2" voice coil and are 4 ohm impedance. The vibe 418 is 4 Channel Amplifier RMS Power @ 4 Ohms 100W x 4 MAX Bridged Power @ 4 Ohms 400W x 2. The pros are wired to the vibe 418 amp in bridged mode. The pros are wired to one terminal cup on the box which then go's to the amp wired in bridged mode. The other amp is an old 2 channel neon amp. It is 400watts max. I have that hooked up to my 2 10" JL w0's. I hope this helps. I'm not sure what load per coil means.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2007
ok that was what I needed
4 ohm load on each of two bridged channels.
chances are your gains are set too high and the amp is clipping because the amp is too weak for those subs so you're trying to compensate by over-driving teh input stage of the amplifier (common problem)

suggestion: look at a JBL BP1200.1 amplifier for ~$300 US (or less.. check eBay)
This will take both 4 ohm subs, and supply a true 600wRMS to each sub. You'll be amazed at teh difference in output.

Unregistered guest
thank you glasswolf, I will look into that amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us