Best amp to run infinity kappa perfect 6.1's

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 158
ive been looking for the best set of speakers for under 200 and i think im going to go with the infinity kappa perfect 6.1's. their 100RMS what would be the best amp to run them? maybe the kicker kx200.2? any suggestions would be helpful

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 673
well...how much are you willing to spend on amplification?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 159
i dunno... the kicker 200.2 is like 100$, a little less on ebay, so nothing more than 150-175, unless theres a great reason i need to

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 105
well I was just fixin toask this question to because they are rated at 100w rms and 400 max but from what I hear they can take a good 200-250w rms. Does anyone know if this is true?

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 34
Kicker KX350.4 bridge it up 2 channels. Just got one for $130 ish on ebay shipping included brandnew 2005. Why settle for a 200.2 :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Kyle_allen

Post Number: 31
I've heard the same thing too. I have a pair and i am considering uping the power. Any info guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 23
They sound mighty good at 4ohms/100watt rms, as I would probably keep them as close to that, ( Unless you gotta good warrenty.

(This is out of the 2005 product line up sheet.)
"neodymium motor structure with integrated heatsink - each infinity multielement and component system nid/woofer utilizes this cutting edge motor technology to provide a massive amount of energy while minimizing mounting depth.The integrated heatsink wicks heat away from the motor structure, thus increasing power handeling while reducing distortion".

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 684
The way they do their RMS ratings is run their products for 100 hours straight...thats why their subs and speakers can't handle half of their peak like other brands that do rms ratings for 4-10 hours...so yes, the 6.1 perfects can take a good 200 watts...I wouldn't go any higher than that though. Look into a Phoenix Gold x200.2 or a x100.4 and bridge it. Great flexibility and good fit.

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 26
Do you think the reference series can handle more rms as well?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us