Factory headunit 2005 corolla htcbak

Username: Gavski

Post Number: 1
Hey there,
I have a 2005 toyota corolla hatchback(Australia)and I am currently in the process of installing an amp to drive a 12"sub.The quality of sound from the factory headunit and speakers is awesome already but i just want more bass.Problem is that theres no pre-outs.So do yous know if its possible to splice into front speakers and send that signal to the amp through high level inputs in which will be a bridged output to the sub.This will mean when I stuff around with trble and fading and all that crap on headunit that front speakers will change with sub?Or will this setup suck balls?Cheers for any feedabck.
Gav

Bronze Member
Username: Moondog1212

New York United States

Post Number: 24
yes you can splice into the speaker wires, if you have high level inputs on your amp. but as for fadeing im not too sure i dont remember, i have had to do that before myself.

Post Number: 2
Also when I looked at colour codes on my rear speakers both RR and RL speakers use Red+ and White- and there is only 1 set of red and white cables going into the head unit.Im guessing they have been spliced together.Is this normal?

Post Number: 3
I've been looking up info on colour codes for wires.Generally for toyotas the remote colour wire is black,but is it connected to the antenna remote or acc/ign wire?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us