One 15"sub, one 12" sub and one 600watt amp...

Unregistered guest
Help me obtain some more knowledge here guys....Let's say I had 15" sub at about 250watts rms and a 12" at 500watts rms. I'm guessing the 15 would be at 4 ohms and the 12 at 2 ohms, The 12 being the better sub. Let's also say we have only one 600watts max power(bridged) 300x2 amplifier. Now how does this setup work? Is it possible? Sorry if I get too repetitive with "let's say", but let's say you hooked them up to this amp with the 15 in one output and the 12 in the other and it would sound "alright" but if you were to bridge the amp to one it would be louder...NOW the big question is could you possibly somehow bridge them both?? Like have both the 15 and the 12 that have different ohms and different wattage bridged at the same time..is there even a term for this? Well the truth is a friend of mine has this problem and I am trying to figure a possible way to help his cheap a55 get all this going at once without having to buy anything else in the process. I need only people that are very experienced to answer this one and please specify and give everything in detail!

Bronze Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 60
Can't put 2 diff. ohmed subs on a bridged channel. Just can't do it.

...well physically you can... it's not too smart though. **Highly Not Reccomended**

Unregistered guest
...."GIVE EVRYTHING IN DETAIL"...please

Thank you much!

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 63
You'd be clipping the hel out of ur subs, they'd prolly last 'bout an hour.LoL. You need an amp that has its RMS about matching the RMS of both subs added together - well kinda, that'd be if they were at the same ohm - which they aren't so you have to get a even larger and that would put out whatever you need at 4 ohms on one channel and whatever you need at 2 ohms on another channel and yet this must still fit in the amps RMS range. Straight Stupid idea really. Gonna end up hurtin' something. I'd never do it like that. Is either sub dvc? both? if so what ohm vcs? and what ohms is the amp capable of handling at what what and X 2channels or bridged. Gotta know these things......

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 64
and what ohms is the amp capable of handling at what wattage, and X 2channels or bridged. Gotta know these things......

M. Young
Unregistered guest
Haha, I figured it would'nt work, I'll figure the rest and post it later.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 55
wouldn't recommend putting a 15" and a 12" in the same car going at the same time. You will get some serious sound cancelations, and chances are, it will be the worst sounding setup you heard.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10804
with a bridged two channel amp, your best bet is to just run one sub. the 4 ohm single coil sub.
the amp is most likely only 4 ohm stable when bridged anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us