Alpine Type R Components

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 36
has anyone had experiences with these components? i'm planning to buy them this summer and install them in my legend. i've heard of my friend's infinity perfect components and damn, they hurt my ears. does anyone know how these type r's will compare to the perfects?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1921
they're ok.
not my favorites, but not bad.

Meeeeeee
Unregistered guest
GlassWolf, what are the best components for that price range?

and do component speakers REALLY improve sound quality of stock speakers without connecting an amp?

Username: Justinsane110

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 8
I'm running 6-1/2" Type-R components and 2-Ways in my Yukon and I've been more than happy with them. But I'm getting rid of them to go with either JL XR's or Eclipse speakers (can't decide, need help :-()

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1980
that's totally up to your ears
try CDT, memphis, infinity kappa, focal, and diamond to name a few that are all considered higher end stuff.

Username: Beligerant1

NC USA

Post Number: 6
I have 5 1/4" type r components in the front of my car. They replaced the stock speakers so the difference is night and day. I cant compare them to any other speakers since i havnt heard any of the others mounted in my car, but there cant be too much of a difference (I love music, but i really doubt that my ears could hear much of a difference between ok speakers (alpine) and great speakers (infinity kappa), but my wallet sure as hell would feel the difference!)

Anonymous

I like the Kappa Perfects better than the Type R's, if you don't like Kappa Perfects, don't get Type R's, they'll hurt your ears just the same, both have hard dome tweeters. Find something with a softer sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us