How do I install a cooling fan from a computer to my amp...


Unregistered guest
So I have an amp that overheats way too much and I want to put a cooling fan in it...I know I could just probably buy a 12 volt cooling fan for it but I don't want to try and find one and spend any money. I have some knowledge when it comes to taking things apart and putting things together and I was wondering if I can use a cooling fan from a computer or such device and somehow wire and use it in my amp, if so how would I do this?? You can email me at

Bronze Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 52
Registered: Oct-05
Use a 12v fan like an air pump for a blow up mattress er anything that has a cig. lighter receptical.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 336
Registered: Jun-05
heh. Simple. Hook it up, power to power, ground to ground. Use a switch. Can do this from a dist block near your amps, or, if you prefer to have it turn on with your audio...

Take your remote lead, get a bosch relay, find a diagram to wire it up properly, then use the output from the relay, as the new remote turn on for your amps, and your new fan. (Bosch relays are like $1 and just about everywhere has them.)

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 73
Registered: Oct-05
Seth is correct and you can do this with the cooling fan from your PC, most are 12v anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 20
Registered: Dec-04
I am kinda in the same boat, is this link pretty good?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us