Can't find brain only box so any other clues for a early 90's clifford

Username: Inkyboy911

EldersleiScotland

Post Number: 1
Got a early 90's clifford alarm but it seems to not have the brain box that you all talk about just a box with 2 black cables that come from the valet switch.

The problem is that it locked me out after changing the stereo and have tried to reste it in many ways like other alarms or posts.

It has clifford stickers and a valet switch but thats a much as I know.

It uses the horn on my 91 911 for a siren and seems to cut off when main battery is off, but starts ranting as soon as the battery is back on.

Also it has a key fob which is black with two blueish arrow buttons pointing outwards and the led is red at the top.

I also found whislt under the dash a red button but god only knows what this is for.

I also have a Porsche Cat keyed immobiliser, but the alarm is the one not letting it start I reckon.

Also when it is finishing ranting for 30 seconds with hazards they keep flashing for about 5 minutes which is weird in my book, never seen this.

I'm sure JeremyC will get this like all the rest.

I've looked for inline fuses and all parts of the car have been stripped but can't find a brain anywhere and theres not much hiding in the 911 as the underdash is open to see.

Thanks all for reading
Paul

Bronze Member
Username: Dubking

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 12
Now this depends on all were the alarm was first installed, but I have worked on some cars that the alarms been in the (passenger) kick pannel, or even in some cases under the hood of the car, depending on the year of the vehicle, it very well might be to the left of the defog vent on the center of the dash, but good luck, I just hope its not a hack install like i've seen ie PASSENGER KICK, thats scary stuff. good luck

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 828
Paul, well atleast they did a good job hiding the brain. Sorry to make light of your situation but I could't resist.

Ok now to the good stuff. Follow the power wire (the inline fuses you checked) and see where they go. In theory they hould lead you to the brain, but who knows. If you can't find it that way, try to follow the valet switch wires. If you still can't find it, then there is a good chance someone removed it, and did a poor job at that.

The reason I say that, normally cliffords are installed with thier own siren. Not always, but normally. I also have to doubt the problems your explaining. They just don't sound like the clifford would be casuing them. Don't get me wrong, anything can happen. but the problems your having sound like they might be caused from something else.

The other thing that gets me, you said you just changed out the stereo. You might have triped something in the factory alarm. Alot of the higher end cars, have all kinds of things tied into the radio, and I am sure porsche is the same. I would put the factory radio back in, and see if she will start. I bet you she will.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us