Smells like sub is burning!!

Username: Chaoskraden69

Post Number: 7
i have a 10" sony xplod 800watt sub with a 760 watt pioneer amp....i have the sub bridged because i thought the smell might be because its bridged but i unbridged and still the smell....it wont smell 4 about 10-15 min after i've had it on.........any reason why its doing this? and how i could fix it....i checked the wiring and eveything is hooked up right...and i have the sub in a box i made....it's just about as small i i could get it because i have a fiero

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4801
What do you expect from a Sony? They're totally garbage.
Anyhow, I hope you bought insurance with that Sony sub. Most of them will fail. Sony's banking on it. That is how they make money.
Check the rms power on the Sony, it's probably 150w. The 800w you see in big letters are fake. Also check that you're not giving too much power.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1091
You're probably roasting it.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 312
if it smells like subs ar e burning and their sony subs and they even look a tad like somthing may be wrong SOMTHINGS WRONG.

Post Number: 8
well when i un bridged it it stopped smelling.....and im using 18 gage wire....its sounds fine...so i don't understand why it would sound fine if its roasted?.....can it be the wire size?? should i grab some 14 gage......i meen if all else fails they sale the same sub at wal-mart.....i'll just buy a new one and take the old one back in the box :-) nothing like wripping off wal-mart haha

thanks 4 the posts

Bronze Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 30
damn walmart sells everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 90
walmart??? i have never seen subs at walmart. the only ones i see are in the electronics center with the surround sounds setsw and stereos. im in canada tho. does that make a difference?

Post Number: 9
not sure.....they are by the car stuff.....were the head units are and oil...somewere around there

i'm thinging about getting new subs...

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 213
Ive seen SONY in Canada at Wal-mart....LOW entery sony...but then isnt it all

Bronze Member
Username: Jake110011

Jackson, Michigan

Post Number: 13
lol, if u wire a sony anything below 4 ohms expect that beotch to blow quick, sony is gargage period.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 23
lol the only subs i saw at walmart were some colorful ones one was yellow and another one green i think they were lightning audio or something. they got some crappy subs and amps but some pretty decent headunits.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
lol.....what are some good subs that don't cost a lot and are below 7" deep? and will run good of the 760 2 channel pioneer?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us