1968 Camaro - any good cd players that will fit the old shaft style opening with no mods ?

Username: Excessiveamps

Dothan, Alabama Good Ol' U.S...

Post Number: 5
I am putting my 68 Camaro back together and want to keep it as original as possible - I will not cut anything on it to install receiver, speakers, ect. I am looking for a good cd player that will bolt where the old shaft style radio was. If nothing is available, I will have to install one in the glove box. Any help is MUCH appreciated !!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1440
On the Cable show 'MY CLASSIC CAR' on SPEED CHANNEL - i have seen a company called SECRET AUDIO advertising & they have decks like what u are talking about .
Log on to that Speed Channel website & search it ...
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1081
JC Whitney has some. I think they have a regular Chevy tape player, but it'll cost 'ya.

I think I actually have one from a '73 in my pile of stuff that actually works. But you'll have to roll out some $ for it...

I'll ask some buddies of mine that restore old Chevy trucks to almost-stock condition, and see what they have to say, or what they have laying around.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 165
i believe they have a kit out their to do it.....but i don't think anybody has them in stock due to the age of the vehicle!

Post Number: 6
Thanks Rovin, I will check it out.

Post Number: 7
Yeah Jake, I seen the ones in JC Whitney. They have one cd player but it is like $400+ and I dont have a clue who makes it - no name on them. I am going to look on the speed channel website and try to find out about secret audio -(suggested by Rovin).

Post Number: 8
I found the company Rovin was telling me about. It is www.customautosound.com They have several tape players that can be used with disk changers. Thanks Rovin, I will give them a call.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1444
Glad to help .....

I watch that show every Sun morn when i wake up late - lol (i was bz yesterday so i didn't get to see it)

The show also has alot of advertisers of OEM stuff for ppl like u who are restoring older cars ..

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1089
Yea, they're expensive little buggers. That's a pretty shweet site there. I guess that'll save me from remembering to ask my friends...

*Looks at one for his '69 Z-28 Camaro under restoration...*

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
The old school muscle cars are a little before my time but they are so awsome. You can beat the rumble of a 425hp Big Block as it pulls up to a red light shaking the car next to it - sorry rice burners. No offense, I know they are making some super fast imports as well that can produce insane power . I am just more partial to something that you cant find everyone driving.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us