Audiobahn aw1206q series help fast!

hey just got the above subs .... they have a foam ring for it....do i just caulk that str8 to the box or does is go under neath the medal ring on the top or what....pleasee help by posting asap!!!!!

also how would u suggest me wiring these bad boyz? please tell me ....im unsure cuz of the fact they have four terminals or whatever they call them things

Mike Hawksbig
Nate, I am assuming the foam ring is a gasket to be installed in between the box and your subwoofer. I wouldn't caulk it, I would just lay it over the the sub cutout and mount the sub. The compression provided by fastening your sub to the box should be sufficient for a good seal. Caulking a sub may void the manufacturers warranty (I have only heard of this). As far as the proper way to wire them, this depends on the number of subs and the kind of amp you are using. Assuming two subs, wiring all four coils in parallel would result in a 1 ohm load on your amp, make sure your amp can handle this. Wiring the coils in series and the subs in parallel would yield a 4 ohm load, this should be no problem, however you may not be delivering the maximum power available from your amp.

I NEED HELP WIRING MY AUDIOBAHNS. IS THERE ANYWHERE TO GET A DIAGRAM OR SOMETHING.

how much air space does an aw1206q need???
i have one in a box but it just doesnt sound right and ive been told its the box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us