Someone please help me with this

Username: Brittanypryo7

Ohio

Post Number: 1
OK! I have a 91 honda civic. In may i had to get a new alternator in it and it was a remanufactured one. Well i got a sound system in July and my alternator started going bad in late August. I finally got a new alternator 2 weeks ago and that alternator went to crap so now i got my 3rd one put in today. I cant afford a brand new alternator so i am living off my warrantys for these crappy things from autozone. My amp is only 800 watts along with my speakers.. Is there ANYTHING i can do besides getting a new alternator?? if so explain it to me im a youngin 16 year old girl lol

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2404
you could buy a deep cycle battery for use just with the amp.

and wire it up so that your alternator charges it, and the amp will only pull power from that battery instead of your alternator.

a good deep cycle battery will run you about $130-$160.

optima yellow tops are a good battery to use.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2405
your problem is that you are using autozone alternators. they are not of the highest quality, i would even say they are not of middle quality. they are just not built to handle the extra stress of a car audio system.

stock alternators that come on cars have just enough power to sufficiently run everything on the vehicle, with a little headroom. when you go and add a high-powered system, sometimes even 300wRMS, like in my case, the stock alternator just cannot supply the extra needed current draw.

if you were to order a real custom High Output alternator, then your problems would likely go away.

if you are interested, try www.excessiveamperage.com

given a HO alt. will cost more than a factory refurb, it will also last longer, and give your charging system more power.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2406
i have also found out that Civics are amongst the worst when it comes to stock alts with little headroom. they give just enough power to run the car(which isn't much, b/c most of them don't have a lot of luxury electrical items) so when you do put something on them, the already tiny alt, gives out thus draining the battery and burning out the alt.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 198
go on ebay under item # 8007314976 and this is basically what you'll need. i know it's alot of money, but all the problems your having now won't stop untill you do. your stock alt is only 60 amps and that's barely enough to heat up your cigarrette lighter.

Bronze Member
Username: Moondog1212

New York United States

Post Number: 26
buy a capacitor

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 125
lol don't buy a capacitor...listen to Muddy and XKawn. You need a HO alternator.

samnickie
Unregistered guest
Help, I am trying to install a rockford 100 amp with 2 rockford 10" punches. but the problem I'm having is that my speakers in the car are now getting to much watts & not getting much to the subs is there a simple fix to this. I use to be able to turn the volume up to 35 and now if I go to 15 I fill I blow them. But if the speakers are disconnected then I can turn it up and get a little hit but its distorted. Please add any input at all. I need help bad!!!
Is this Amp just not big/good enough?

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 128
Are you saying your subs or speakers feel like thier gonna blow?
Do you have an amp runnign to your speakers?
What model is the amp and sub?

Ohio

Post Number: 2
Ok im the girl with the honda.. i think i may get an alternator.. but for now is it ok to hook my subwoofers up to my back speakers with out an amp? it wont hurt my alternator or w/e will it since my amp isnt running it

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4814
Brittany, if you're 16 years old, who owns the car you're driving? Man I wish I had a car when I was 16. All I had were my 2 legs and few dollars.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 678
...and it was 17 miles uphill to the nearest intersection. Isn't that how those stories end? :-)

Ohio

Post Number: 4
ive been working my butt off for all my money at my parents business.. I PAY for everything my parents dont help me out although its under my moms name. i just recently put 1500 dollars under the hood to make the damn car run lol

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 202
you won't want to hook up your subwoofers without an amp. it will just sound so awefull.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4815
I wish it was JUST 17 miles uphill! Ha ha, just kidding. All I could afford was a skateboard.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 679
haha, must have been a big hit with the ladies.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us