Amp Suggestions...

Username: Grapefruit

Post Number: 2
I need an amplifer that will can power two pairs of component speakers (Polk Audio db6500) at 100 watts. Any suggestions?? My budget is under $300... i'm kind of a newbie at this stuff so any help will be greatly appreciated!! :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4094
if you can use ebay look for a ppi pcx 480 its a nice 4 chanell amp and you might be able to get one at a good price.

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 117
try the orion 8004, it's a quality amp. Not top of the line but it'll put out what you need.

Username: Grapefruit

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the suggestions guys... any other suggestions??

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 199
i'd get the Xtant 404m. check out item # 5819509453 on ebay. it's new and less than $200.

Username: Avenged

Post Number: 1
Hey,
So i'm currently running a SWR - 1241D in a sealed box off my Alpine MRD-301 amp. I listen to alot of rock/metal. For some music it sounds best with the bass comp. turned on.. but sometimes its too much.. also when i turn it up to long it almost smells like its starting to over heat.. but its only running off 350RMS... is this possible? am i doing anything wrong... any suggestions or comments appreciated

Username: Avenged

Post Number: 2
Also, my display screen on the amp flashes when it reaches about volume 22 of 30, i beleive this is the "over" indicator the manual talks about, if so how can i make it so i can turn my system up louder, and not have this happen, the only imput choices on the amp are .1-1.0 and 1.0-8.0 , the second setting leaves me with no bass volume what so ever, so i'm a little confused as what to do
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us