Pioneer Premier 860 Auto EQ / Before and After Results

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2230
Just curious to see what you other 860 users think about the Auto EQ feature and if it has sounded better afterwords. Mine sounds alot better overall but i didnt get the bass i was looking for so i manually adjusted my sub level back to 0 w/lpf to 80hz and my mids are at -5 set with hpf at 63hz

I have my main EQ set to all flat except for the 50hz freq down to -2 for now for more natural bass

I find it sounding good at all volumes after auto eq

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2397
FINALLY!!!

i thought you had given up on us in the first thread you posted. lol

i liked mine, but i had the owner of my audioshop fine-tune my 13-band EQ, and all i can say is.....WOW.:-)

it turned my sub-level way down too.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2234
Yeah glad to be back on the HU forum. I def wanted to play with this 860 somemore and test the auto eq and now im getting the proper imaging i was looking for. Muddy tell me what your auto eq is set at as far as hpf and lpf and is your eq flat now or did they adjust that after auto eq. What is your sub level set to ?

What type of system are you using... subs,amps,component set, etc..

Im running CDT HD62's up front powered by a ppi 300.2 and 2 jl 12w6v2's in the jl prowedge box and it sounds amazing. Im getting amazing SQ right now.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2236
Yeah glad to be back on the HU forum. I def wanted to play with this 860 somemore and test the auto eq and now im getting the proper imaging i was looking for. Muddy tell me what your auto eq is set at as far as hpf and lpf and is your eq flat now or did they adjust that after auto eq. What is your sub level set to ?

What type of system are you using... subs,amps,component set, etc..

Im running CDT HD62's up front powered by a ppi 300.2 and 2 jl 12w6v2's in the jl prowedge box and it sounds amazing. Im getting amazing SQ right now.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2407
hehe...click on my profile.
i don't feel like typing it all. lol

but i am glad to hear you are satisfied with your new comps.

all in all, were the ID comps a good set?

my HU got reset while we were putting in my HO alt, so i don't have it anymore.

my EQ is on Custom 1.
my HPF on my mids and highs is at 100hz.
and my sub is set at 80hz, and i can go from +3(rap, or Bass CD) and 0 or a little less depending on the CD for SQ.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2237
My ID comps were very powerfull and had alot of kick to them like little subwoofers. They sounded good down to 80hz and im sure you can drop it lower to like 63hz if you wanted with the right eq. The tweeter is silk dome so it sounded smooth and the midbass was fantastic. Sounded good with rock/rap and everything else. I have the 2 ohm versian which took 150 watts rms each. Ive decided to sell them for $250w/free shipping and its still under warranty and ive only used them for a month and now i have upgraded to CDT HD62's and they are even nicer and smoother

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 181
My 860 sound really good out of the box and much better after the unit shot the truck. I've never been a bass freak so I leave the HU set to flat. I felt no need to change any settings after the auto setup. I've never had a HU (I've used around 11 in the past 20 years) that I did not have to tweak until the 860! Pioneer really knows sound and they're the first brand to give me what I want and need!!

Username: Nateman

Macon , GA

Post Number: 1
I just bought the 860 and will install it soon.I am knew here and will appreciate all the information you can pass my way.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2254
I whould have to agree with you on that benny boy. The ease of pioneer and the sound quality and control of the eq makes it effortless to get the sound you desire. Excellant HU overall. Best ive ever owned and ive owned Alpine,Eclipse so far.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2366
ANybody else play with the auto eq ? if so give me the EQ settings or results your seeing. I find it very usefull and im getting the front stage i was looking for and it sounds perfect/priceless.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2442
?

Username: Jhunter631

Marysville, Cali USA

Post Number: 2
I hated the auto eq, i tried it when i first got the deck. It made the quaility of the sound horrible, i went through and did all my own adjustments. I plan on trying it again since i have recently switched out my front component set.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2486
HEy just make sure you read thru the owners manual before you do it. I have ran the test 3 times already and it makes a differance if you set the mic in the right location and adjust what needs to be adjusted on the amp if necessary. Its a great tool for proper sound

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2550
Anybody else played around with the Auto EQ feature with the mic
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us