Problem with Alarm Viper 300 esp

Unregistered guest
Several months ago I bought an 2002 Volkswagen with a Viper 300 esp alarm already installed. Because I don't like the function that it automatically arms within 30 seconds after taking out the key I tried to disable this. With the help of this forum I found the manual to program the alarm without a Bitwriter (Yes, also I don't have it :-) Anyway I tried the procedure in the manual... open door, contact-switch on and then off, valet switch one time and then press and hold. But my siren doesn't chirp once, not even twice of whatsoever. When I try to change the setting with the remote control, it doesn't work... well, by pressing 2 or 3 times on the control the alarm goes off. In a desperate intention I tried the following: open door, contact-switch on and keep this on! and then press the valetswitch. Surprisingly when I press the switch for example 3 times and hold... the siren chirps 3 times... so that part works, but when I try to change the setting with the control, my siren makes a sound (it's no chirp) and when I press another time, the same sound. But I don't get anything like one or two chirps indicating that my setting has changed. When I don't press anything for let us say 10 or 15 seconds, the siren makes the same sound (I think indicating that it is leaving program-mode). Anyway, I think I have to change setting one (active/passing arm) but my alarm don't let me change the settings. Can someone help me out?

Regards from Guatemala
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us