Jl vs. image dynamics

Bronze Member
Username: Point78

El cajon, Ca

Post Number: 44
i want a top of the line 6.5" component set i am stuck inbetween the JL's and Image dynamics what is ur thoughts on these two or is there even another brand i should look at. (money is not a big deal.)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2224
I whould recommend the Image Dynamics CXS62 set that im selling over the JL's. The midrange on the chameleon set is very powerfull and sounds fantastic. The tweeter sounds really nice and is a silk dome and the crossover has 3 levels you can play with to get the sound you want. Ive only used them for 1 month in my car proffesionally installed and bought them from authorized dealer / www.cardomain.com and they have a 1 year warranty. I paid over $300 but here is your chance to get a hec of a set for $250 total.

Here is the pictures

Upload
Upload

p.s. This is a 2 ohm versian so you can make the most out of a 2 channel amp by running these at 2ohms

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 664
"I whould recommend the Image Dynamics CXS62 set that im selling over the JL's"

hahaha, gotta love the objectivity.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2226
IN reality the image dynamics set sounds better and smoother then the JL set. Ive heard both.

Bronze Member
Username: Ologyaudio

Columbus, Oh USA

Post Number: 22
I'd say ID>JL ;) Didn't say that it was the best at the price point or anything... but 250 isn't a bad price there :-) -- if you can pull up the budget another $100 that changes what the best deal is in my opinion atleast :-)

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 188
my budget is around 300.. what would you say is the best around there.. i was looking at the Image Dynamics CXS62's too and the jl audio xrs..

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 189
never heard the ID speakers but i love those jls speakers sound good

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 237
the XR'S are very smooth the aluminum dome tweeter means nothing they are not harsh at all and are much smoother than my previous set of speakers that had a solk dome tweeter. I love the JL XR's they are very accurate and have great SQ

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 205
but would they sound good w/o kickpods? i was looking at a pair of them but i wanted to leave them in stock spots... well ill probably move the tweeter from the dash but thats about it... would they still sound good?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us