Pics of new Amp!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 433
Heres some pics of my new amp. Its an Eclipse EA2212. 50wRMS x 2 @ 4ohms. Its just a little guy but its for my 3.5" components in my dash. Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 113
nice amp but the emachines sucks man. lol I'll post pics of my mbquarts later tomorrow....and my sub box after I build it : )

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 274
I agree, emachines do suck donkey balls.

Silver Member

Post Number: 434
why does eMachines suck, lol. What parts in my eMachines do you think eMachines make. Intel processor, chip set and graphics card. The RAM is Samsung. They dont make the power supply or hard drive. I no longer have their mouse or keyboard either (but they probably dont even make those either.) All eMachines does is package the computers and sell them cheap with a lack of customer service. But as far as performance, the components are pretty much the same as any other computer. If you dont believe me open up your computers and tell me how many parts are labeled HP,Compaq, Sony, etc... eMachines lack in customer support and software, and thats where companies like HP pick it up. HP doesnt make their own processors, chip sets, RAM etc... so what really makes them better performance wise.

Hmmmmm...

Silver Member

Post Number: 435
I guess we can agree that thats a pretty sexy amp though!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4780
Mike, where's the amp made in? I'm just keeping mental notes of amps and their country of origin. Comp98 lucked out with his MT Quart amp. It is made in USA.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 300
well their you go Intel sucks at making processors and that eMachine is probably a Celeron processor which sucks twice as bad...AMD all the way(except for semptron)

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 579
I'm running an AMD 3200+ XP Compaq with 500MB of RAM, a new Nvidia 128MB card from Wal-mart, and the rest is stock, and my computer scoots. The entire computer was from Wal-Mart originally. It was the only one they had though, and I think Compaq sent it to Wal-Mart instead of the customer who specially ordered it, as I've never seen one like it there since. Good deal though, at $600 bucks on sale.

Damn nice processor too, runs better than all the P4's I've seen, even those with HT Tech. like my school uses, which are HP's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 436
Issac- It was made in the USA.

Quick Shot - my eMachines does have the Celeron in it which im not pleased about but it gets the job done. Especially considering i got the computer for about $300 dollars. The Celeron lacks cache where the P4 makes up for that, however you def pay for it considering its the most expensive kind of memory to manufacture. I chuckle at the fact that you think that the AMD processors are better than all intels. Im not quite sure how you can make this assumption. You probably read that somewhere and now are like some die hard AMD freak just like the Audiobahn and L7 gangbangers around here (I hope your not one of those too) I see that your only 17 which leads me to believe your probably not in college. I also am going to assume you have very little, if any, experience or knowledge in microprocessor architecture or design.

The architecture is designed with a certain goal in mind. Graphics, large calculations, both, etc... Also, the programmer that designed the operating system and the applications that you frequently use need to utilize the chips arcitecture to its advantage. If your processor has 2MB of level 2 cache, but the program doesnt utilize it and it goes straight to the RAM, than the program isnt going to execute as fast and efficiently as it could. You see, theres no one component in the computer that works alone. It all works together. The mircroprocessor itself is the fastest single element in your computer. However, it doesnt run anywhere near the speed it advertises on the cute little decal on the front of the case. In computers, memory is the name of the game. Its all about the allocation of memory, storing bits in stacks, etc... If you can do this quickly, than your computer is going to be fast. Not because you have an AMD processor and joe shmoe has an Intel. Your computer can only be as fast as its slowest component. If your running a huge application (Photoshop, AutoCad, or any graphic rendering software) your gunna chew up a lot of memory. If you use up all your RAM, than you gotta suck up some virtual memory, thats gunna be @ss slow becuase your hard drive is mechanical and its wayy slower than your RAM.

Now I dont dislike Intel or AMD, but each processor is good at one thing (Celeron isnt really good at anything its just that they cut the Cache in half on the P4 and sold it for cheaper so they could put a freaking computer in every house in America for practicly nothing.)

So, i hope you see my point that it isnt just a name. Its a close knit system. The software needs to utilize the hardware for it to shine. And since there is tons of programs out there, microprocessor engineers try to compensate and make the most all around design. Then software engineers need to find the best way to utilize the hardware.

Take for example when the 64bit processors came out. Not many programs at all used the 64bit technology, they still operated at a 32bit level. This didnt make the 64bit technology superior because the software didnt take advantage of it. However, now that different software manufactures and coding with this technology in mind, they will far superior to 32bit technology.

So, i hope you see my point and you opened your eyes a little bit before you go and jump on the band wagon.

And yes, eMachines does not offer the best processors out there in their computers. Its like trying to fit High end Rainbows into a budget SQ setup. You couldnt do it and keep the price down.

But i look at it this way, I connect to the internet probably faster than anyone on this forum (OC3 [155Mbps, however i connect at 100 because I only have a 10/100 ethernet card]), so your computer may a bit faster, but my faster internet is gunna make up for that. :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
wow, i didnt realize my post was that long.

I didnt mean to preach, but i just wanted to get my point across that theres a lot more to it than just AMD and Intel.

Silver Member

Post Number: 438
oh, and let me know if anyone has better than OC3, theres certainly faster out there(OC12,OC48,OC192), its just that i dont think anyone would have faster unless they work for the FBI or something, lol.

Im curious to know. Itll prolly be someone thats in college though.

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 305
damn why do you have to bring the age thing in lol...but yea i do understand that it doesnt only depend on the processor but comming from someone that owns both AMD and Intel based computers i can tell you that i prefer AMD more especially for gaming and high end graphical tasks although the pentium 4 processor isnt too bad but Celeron is complete trash..but hey so is the semptron so you get what you pay for just like everything else in life

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
sorry about the age thing,lol, i get it all the time; im only 19. But im a geek so i just look stupid sh!t like that all the time. He!! i even have books on my bookshelf about it, lol. I didnt mean to offend you in the least, i just didnt want you to be misguided about what other people think. If the applications you run most freq. run well with the AMD than thats great. I like that processor as well.

I hate to agree with you that the Celeron is junk only because the engineering it takes to create even a piece of sh!t microprocessor is just so amazing. Like I said its just a super budget P4. In fact the back when the P3 was prime the celeron literally was the same exact chip arcitecture with half as much L2 cache. Came off the same line.

The one think i do dislike about all intels is that they eat bill gates @ss with a spoon.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 301
All computers are the same (processor, ram, etc) just companies put there names on them and add stuff like case, monitor, etc. Also p4 sux

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1066
Who has the 64bit processor? Wait... AMD does. I've been "playing" with computers for years and years, and AMD is by far, the best. They don't have Compaq and Dell buying all their processors, so they can concentrate on making the of better quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4783
Intel and AMD should thank the virus companies and Microsoft. If it weren't for their $hitty software slowing down the processor, none of their fast chips would be that popular nor in high demand.
Try this test, in a fresh Celeron 1Ghz, install Windows 98 or Linux. Then restart the computer. It'll take few seconds to boot up. Open up a software, and takes a second or 2.
Now upgrade to Microsoft's XP/2000 and watch it crawl. Now install Norton's Anti-virus (more like Anti Speed) software and see the speed drop by half.
You can purchase P4 3Ghz and do the same. It'll kill any speed you had in the beginning after those 2 softwares are done.
The moral of the story is, no matter how fast cpu Intel/AMD comes out with, you'll always have Norton/Microsoft to slow it down to a crawl.
Microsoft's Office suite is a scam. Their stupid pop up dog (useless assistant) eats up more cpu cycle than any of your programs.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1382
Don't bug the guy about his PC - Upload

Is that the same amp that u posted about 2wks ago & that glass said was ok ?

looks kinda big for a 2 chan amp but the external has some nice craftsmanship . Upload

Hook it up & report back how good it performs ...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1383
Not u Isaac , i was referring to those guys above who seem more interested in his pc than his amp - lol Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 594
I don't remember Joe Smoe saying he had an Intel ANYWHERE on here. Also, who uses Norton anyways? use Zone-Alarm, and you'll never have ANY problems.

Well, it blocks you completely from outside connections when online gaming, causing you to have pings in the 5 digit zone. So turn it off while gaming/downloading and such.

Also, Zone Alarm Pro isn't free, so if you need a patch to unlock ZA Pro for free, just post on here. I have an undisclosed program to open it for free without payment...Yea, I'm going to jail now, but I got it from someone else lol.

Use Ad-Aware or Spybot Search&Destroy for those problems, and AVG Virus Scanner takes up less system process space than Norton or McAfee. Just my two cents.

The reason I think people see AMD as better processors is because AMD has processors equal to the P4's that don't have GHz ratings of 3GHz+. Take my AMD 3200+ XP @ 2.2GHz. It runs faster than the processors in the HP's at my school which are 3.2GHz HT Tech. I tested this on my Choir Directors computer who's isn't hooked up to the network with the programs spawned on them, so that they load from the server.

His programs run directly from the CPU processing speed. And I used MS Office programs as a test. My computer actually ran slightly faster, and I've got a lot more on my computer running at all times than he does.

From what I understand, doesn't AMD put more efforts into other parts of the prcoessor besides just clock speed, unlike Intel who can sell their processors at higher prices by saying it runs at 6GHz (a little sarcasm, but you get the idea).

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 81
Hey mike you hooked the amp up yet? Sound good? What kinda speakers do you got it hooked to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
And here's the guy to break all this computer AMD/INTEL hating ice!

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
"They don't have Compaq and Dell buying all their processors, so they can concentrate on making the of better quality."

what does this have to do with anything? AMD runs processors in eMachines (owned by Gateway) and eMachines are just as popular as Dells and Compaqs. The chips design is independant of the companies computer its going to go into.

Silver Member

Post Number: 444
oh and Intel has 64bit technology too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
Dont get me wrong though, im not an Intel fan, I like AMD too. But i just think a lot of you guys are trash talking a company based on horrible evidence.

Theres a lot more too it than just having an Intel or AMD to determine the speed of your computer. How fast is your RAM, how fast is your front side bus, etc... Not even to mention what software you were using to see which loads faster. What software was running in the background when you did this. Were they the same operation systems with all the same updates. Its real hard to do an exact comparison test.

Besides this is a car Audio forum, why are we arguing about computer stuff, lol.

ghostlegz
Unregistered guest
hey mike d is right you can have the blazingest cpu but when you ad those anti virus programs and god don`t alk about service pack 2 forget about it man you slow down big time.

Denis_A
Unregistered guest
"They don't have Compaq and Dell buying all their processors, so they can concentrate on making the of better quality."

Actually, my girlfriend has a compaq persario laptop and it has a S754 AMD64. of the big companies I know, AMD doesn't supply Dell computers and Toshiba laptops.

but anyway, AMD beat Intel in processor sales this September for the first time and its just gonna keep growing from there with their dual cores.

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
"what does this have to do with anything? AMD runs processors in eMachines (owned by Gateway)"

I think that part about Gateway says it all. Gateway is known to be one of the highest failure rated computers, and to top it, the worst customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 201
i just gotta say, my first pc was a del. i thing i hated most was the fact that it seemed everything was integrated and you couldn't upgrade crap. the pc i have now i upgraded the memory to the kingston hyperX pc3200 and the vid card to the BFG 6800gt. i'm quite happy, but soon i wil build a amd fx pc. i'll never buy from the likes of dell, gateway, compaq, emachines etc, again.

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 26
Hey Jake Hill,
Athlon 64 bit is not the only 64 bit processor...
Yes, Intel makes the 64bit chip too. Intel P4 HT 64bit.. And its been out almost just as long as the Athlon 64bit! It will eat that Athlon 64 bit, just look at the benchmark test!

Your real speed is acutally your BUS speed. Not the GHZ they advertize, but the actually Front Side Bus. And all components must be equally fast or faster, otherwise you create a bottleneck!

I build my own computers, and always did, I even build and sell them. And Ill put my build up to DELL any damn day!

Like Mike said open your new DELL, Compaq and you wont find that the hard drive, or even mother board says DELL or COmpaq!! They could even use the same damn board, with a logo stamp in the BIOS!

We all should just be thankfull that Micro Processors are here.

I have built/used both chips mentioned above and many others! And hands down to Intel man! Its better built, smaller, runs cooler, faster, and most important I think its more reliable!

And Hyper Threading kicks aSSSSS!! My next computer will be dual HT processors 64BIT (virutally 4 processors, 2 physically!)

Ohh I also got that degree in Computers!

How did this turn into a computer thread?
Ohh we seen the pic of the monitor, not the inside of the computer!
We should start a new forum. LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 4796
I don't like Intel cause they want to think they're the "Microsoft" of the cpu world. If it weren't for users supporting AMD and other non Intel products, we'd all be paying $1000/cpu. I recall paying that much long time ago, when Intel was the only major player.
So support AMD and others, same goes for software world, Linux over Microsoft so that we won't get $crewed.
Don't you remember the good old days when WordPerfect/Borland and Lotus gave Microsoft, competition? The office suites used to be $199 or lower. Look at it now, it's over $600. Monopoly is not good in the real world, only useful in game versions.
Now we are way off topic.

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
Isaac is right, and I don't care about what others opinions are, I had a Intel CPU integrated computer once, it was a Celeron, from about oh, I'd say, 1998...It died in about 6 months.

Since then, I've owned several AMD CPU integrated computers, and never had ANY issues. My laptop, an HP with AMD Athlon 4 Processor, ran perfectly fine for almost 2 years, until I dropped it, then the fan went and so on. My Mom had an HP with an AMD 2200+ XP processor for use in making the school yearbook, and I'll tell you from personal experience, yearbook designing programs aren't easy on a computer...But the computer still runs fine! I now have the AMD 3200+ XP on my Compaq, and I'll tell you, not an issue, and this thing runs 24/7 practically, except for power outages etc. I've had it for a year now, runs just as fast as the day I got it!

So I would say the proves the AMD is more DURABLE at least than Intel. You wouldn't believe the 1000's of dollars my school puts out every other year upgrading computers to keep up with Intels failures and retarded updates like: INTEL PENTIUM 4 HT EXTREME QUADRUPLE BYPASS INTEGRATED QUASAR SPEED PLASMA DESIGNED FORMULATED PROCESSOR OF GREATNESS! Can't they even keep the name simple?

I think AMD has like, what, 4 different TYPES of processors, to Intels 10.0000^32? I'm sorry, but just make ONE processor that does EVERYTHING, end of story, instead of ripping off the public every 3 months with something new...Idiots...

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 28
Lol, I agree Issac, the competition keeps the prices competitive. And those 1000$ cpus are still here!

Example: Intel Pentium Extreme Edition 840 Smithfield 800MHz FSB LGA 775 Dual Core, EM64T Processor Model BX80551PGH3200F
- Retail $$1,056 !!! THATS JUST THE CHIP!
The bus speed on that 3.2 GHZ chip is 800MHZ..
compare that too a bus speed of 133mhz! Its not compareable!

The older the technology gets the cheaper it becomes! CPUs have decreased in prices, and thats because they are making more rooms for newer technology, faster chips.

And I always recomend AMD for people who are trying to save money!!! cause the performance is damn good for the price! its A PC you know?

Software issue, my thoughts it should all be free, LOL Freeware! Its not hard at all to obtain the serial numbers or even get the cracked version of the software you are looking for. The more outragous the price, The more it gets pirated.

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 29
LOl. Celeron is the the bottom of the INTEL line..
That like buying a Athlon Duron or something!! Expect it to die!
If I build a PC with the Athlon chip, I use the Athlon XP. Those are good chips..
And like I said for the price they are great! But you cant compare that too a P4 bro...

I use every darn bit of my proccessor. Im acutally looking at it work right now, and I must say its been chillin at a cool 4% of cpu power for the last 358 HRS!
The Athlon just works too damn hard!

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 30
Maybe I should have given the example of a AMD chip price and not the INTEL price above..

This is a AMD CHIP:
AMD Dual-Core Opteron 280 Italy 1GHz FSB Socket 940 Processor Model OSA280FAA6CB - OEM
- RETAIL $$ 1,265 !!!
It runs a 2.4 GHZ but the BUS speed is 1000 Mhz !!@!

Now do you see why thats more $$ than the INTEL?
Pay attention to the BUS SPEED!

From the specs of this AMD I will get it if I had 1,265 dollars.

You need to know what you are paying for and not just pick a brand or a side!

Bronze Member
Username: Mlongpre

Post Number: 74
quit your whining and get a damn Mac and say good-bye to microsoft

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 121
lol all I said was emachines sucks. Didn't know it would come to this. Lol IMO all pc makers suck: dell, gateway, hp, emachines, all of them! If you want a pc make it yourself. You decide what you need and you don't sacrifice one thing for another. And BTW it's easy as hell.
I'll post pics of my amp AND pc later this week.

lol Running an AMD XP64 : )

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
Comp98 knows where it's at! w00t w00t! I'd also like to mention, right now I'm running a few "outstanding" programs in constant use. I'm running the AMD 3200+ XP, and it's chilling as you put it at 5%. I'm running Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna (game), AIM, and FireFox. All pretty much at the same time. So I'm going to disagree about AMD processors working to hard. I'm sure if I disabled my game, I too would be down to 4% lol. Like that 1% is going to change much of anything...NOT!

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
I agree 100% with B. You guys arnt looking at the real specs here. To get the best computer, hands down you have to build it yourself; which isnt really hard these days if you know what your doing.(I guess that goes for anything though)

Open up all your great HP, Compaqs, Dells blah blah blah. Take pictures of them and show me how many parts these companies make.

You guys think that the processor makes the computer too. Thats like saying a HU is the only important part of your car audio system. Its crucial but not the only component that makes the system run and run GOOD.

In terms of speed, Bus speed is going to be the biggest factor. This is where all your data ends up going through, it networks all the traffic to the different peripherials and so fourth.

Bronze Member
Username: Swegs

Post Number: 33
I didnt write this i just copyed it from another site. i hope this settles it.

Every time the debate between AMD and Intel CPUs is brought up, the same arguments are offered: "AMD rocks for games! Intel is good at everything else! If you only game, get an AMD!" Now, this statement isn't entirely true. This article will examine where this blanket statement is right and where it is wrong about AMD's and Intel's advantages, and will also explain how their respective chip architectures lead to these advantages and disadvantages.

The first problem with the above statements is that it tries to generalize for all AMD chips. However, it is only in the past year, with the release of the Athlon64, that AMD has pulled ahead of Intel in gaming performance from a price vs. performance standpoint. Until this point, Intel's Pentium 4 C's (the ones with 800FSB) crushed any of the older Athlon XPs on the market. For the purposes of this article we will only examine Athlon64 chips and ignore Athlon XPs, as the architecture for the latter chip is dead and gone.

The next problem with the statement is that it doesn't really give AMD enough credit. Most well regarded benchmarking sites such as www.anandtech.com and www.xbitlabs.com test many properties besides gaming on their CPUs. The areas of analysis include business use, office use, content creation, 3D content creation, multitasking, photo editing, video editing, video/audio encoding, gaming, and workstation performance. From this list, AMD ranks above Intel in the categories of business, content creation, photo editing, gaming, and non-3D workstation performance. As this extensive list shows, AMD processors are good for many more tasks than just for gaming as our statement in question would suggest.

With this true performance ranking for AMD established, we must ask why it is that AMD excels at tasks that are generally hard to calculate, such as workstation performance, business applications, and gaming, while Intel's strengths lie in the more rudimentary calculations, such as encoding and video editing. The answer lies in the different architectures of the two processors, and the main difference in this architecture has to do with the pipeline of the chips. The pipeline is the path that every calculation takes down the CPU; depending on what task the CPU is doing, it will use different branches of this pipeline. Think of this as an assembly line: the longer the assembly line, the quicker and more efficiently goods will be produced. Intel's pipelines are much longer than AMD's, which is why Intel has an advantage in various tasks.

Now, with the pipeline in mind, you are probably asking yourself why Intel does not beat AMD in all tests. This is because of the branch predictor: as a signal goes down the pipeline, the branch predictor, as the name would indicate, predicts the branches that the signal should go down. The problem is that the predictor is not always correct, and if it sends a signal down the wrong branch it will have to start over from the very beginning. Branch predictors miss their targets much more with complex calculations, such as gaming. In this type of application, a chip with a shorter pipeline will have an advantage because if the branch predictor were to be incorrect, the signal will not have as far to go again after it restarts.

Assuming that everything goes down the pipeline without a problem, Intel chips have a clear advantage in every possible application. AMD comes out on top in tasks such as gaming because, simply, things hardly ever go down a CPU's pipeline perfectly.

I would hope that the next time you find yourself in an AMD/Intel fanboy war, you'll now have enough knowledge to inform both sides of how they are wrong, and in the long run help to make my life in the Computer Help forum a little easier.

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
well, 39 posts later the problem is solved.

Nowww back to car audio

Gold Member

Post Number: 1114
ROFL! I completely forgot about this topic. And I know Intel has a 64bit processor, but AMD had it first. That was my point. And I admit Intel runs cooler, is smaller, etc, etc. But guess what? It COSTS MORE! I'm currently on a 2.6Ghz blah blah blah, and it runs everything just fine.

Care to know why? I'm running FreeBSD 5.3. I don't worry about viruses, and I've yet to see a blue screen...

I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4806
That's the point I'm trying to make. There are other alternatives to Microsoft and Intel. They are rich enough without newbies just buying things cause it says Intel inside or has Microsoft logo.
Now only if I can get my message across to people about Sony! They're like the super evil version of Microsoft and Intel put together.
Microsoft at least cares about it's employees, but Sony, all they care about is making quick profit off it's name.
Anyhow, those are my 3 companies that I do not want to support.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
Jake, you run FreeBSD 5.3

I run Slack 10.1, well when i get around configuring it that is, lol. But i was running Slack 9.1 on my old comp.

I agree I hate mircrosoft too. But i dont hate Intel just because they are popular, AMD fondles microsoft too.

Bronze Member
Username: Mlongpre

Post Number: 75
APPLE

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
Yea... FreeBSD/Slackware/Gentoo/etc. are a bish to configure... Easiest I've ever seen is RH and Mandrake... I've messed with about everything, and FreeBSD is the only way to go IMHO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us