Help finding amp

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 74
Sup people,
I will be buying either 3 12" w7's or 3 12" T.I.s.
They have the same power handling.
I will be putting them in a sealed box.
My original idea was either 2 13w7's, or 2 15" T.I.s or 2 15" RE Audio X.X.X.'s and porting the box, but I didn't have the clearance in my trunk height wise -.-
So my question...
What kind of amp(s) do you guys suggest for the 3 subs I mentioned at first?
I've been looking around but don't see anything I personally like.
I've got a 200 amp alternator and before I install the amps I will be getting 2 deep cycle batteries and isolating them where the spare tire used to be =) lol
This all won't be bought until about 2 months from now, i'm just getting ideas together and planning ahead.
Right now i've got, like I said, a 200A alternator, 240 sq. ft eDead v1SE and a Eclipse CD8455 deck. Next step is speakers which i've got picked out, and I need a amp for those too but I can find one for them. Then subs and amps for the subs.

So if anyone wants to put input on a good amp for 3 12" w7's or 3 12" Eclipse Ti's then please do so. All help is needed since I don't see any amps I like =(

Thanks,
Scott

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 75
amp or amp(s) *

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 76
Oh yeah, i'm going for a mix of SPL and SQ if anyone needed to know.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1354
The trouble with those 3 sub set-ups is getting an amp as u end up with a fraction of ohms & the only 2 amp brands that i know that can handle such loose ohms are JL & Phoenix Gold .

U sure u couldn't squeeze in an inch & fit 2 W7s ?

or maybe just go with 2 12w7s ?

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 77
The trunk isn't spring loaded or anything it has two twisted bars goin across the back which is where my problem is. It is 15.5 inches from the floor of the trunk so it would be hard to get the 2 15s in a box in there. I might be able to get the 13s to work but I dunno. 3 Sounds better haha

But on a more serious note, yeah I could try 2 13w7's but like I said that won't be for a few months. I still gotta get some more money together.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1368
Alot of ppl say A single 13w7 is enough for most ppl's needs - so i'd say yea do 2 13w7 with the proper rec ported box & that should be good .

Make sure to $ave for a good amp brand for them & not to run to BB or CC & buy 2 Pyramid red/blue crap ! - lol ..........Upload

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 78
lmao well if I know about subs I know a lil about amps :-P, like I said in my first post I couldn't find one that I liked. And I work at BB, I know what we have and nothing we have will push it properly lol, and everything CC has is sh!tty performance in my opinion. And yeah I think 2 will do me right now that I think about it, with 2 1000/1's maybe. Dunno if i'mma port the box unless I can get one port in there with a single chamger for the subs but I dunno how well that will work. Like I dunno if it will have cancelation issues or anything like that. I'll have the money for it all in about 2 months I hope but I dunno I still gotta get a good amp for my highs. But like I said, i'm just plannin ahead.
But yeah thanks for readin the big post lol
peace

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 79
chamber*
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us