Internal alpine amp in headunit or cheap aftermarket amp?

Anonymous

should i stick with the internal amp on my alpine hu or grab a cheap 4-channel amp, like a profile or something.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1336
to do what ?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1249
it depends on your setup. i wouldn't waste money on a cheaply made amp though.

Anonymous

to power my 6.5"s and 6x9"s (infinity reference)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1341
It will work but rather poorly - if u want cheap then Hifonics 4 chan amps ....

Tobbaggin'
Unregistered guest
I think both actions work would give u about the same level of SQ. I ran my MBQs off of the hu until recently when i upgraded to an Alpine Mrv-350 4 chan. Big improvement! Now i can turn the volume up higher without going into distortion and i get cleaner/clearer music!

Denis_A
Unregistered guest
I got the same setup as what you're looking at and I can say that running 75w RMS from my Hifonics 4 channel amp to my infinity reference components in front and 6X9 in back make quite a difference compared to the headunit amp. It gives you a lot more headroom when you turn up your volume. and the extra wattage to the 6x9 really add depth in the low frequencies.

I say look at Phoenix gold, Hifonics, MTX, Alpine or other midrange companies for a 4 channel amp that can do at least 50w RMS per channel and you'll be very happy.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 240
u can get a 4 channel kicker amp with like 50 rms pretty cheap off ebay probily 200 shipped srry to lazy to look up prices
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us