True power rating on this amp

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 313
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-GM-X962-760w-Mosfet-Amp-FREE-SHIPPING-w-BIN_W0QQitem Z5818852505QQcategoryZ39736QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem an the fuse rating is x2 25s thankx

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4741
It says right on the ad, it's 380w x 1 @ 4ohms.
The question you should be asking is how much of that 380w is clean power.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 315
like how many watts is clean an the true power of the watts

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 316
like how many watts is clean an the true power of the watts

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4745
On cheap amps, they tend to distort/clip more as you raise the power.
Just a rule of thumb, use cheap amps with cheap subs. You can use high quality amps with cheap subs, but not the other way around.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 319
but will this amp work go0d wit 2 jl w3v2s there 300w max soo it should work right it sure power my 1 12 volfenag an sh!t dat was loud as f**k

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 332

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 159
i wouldn't use that amp on the W3's!!! it will blow up those w3's due to the dirty power!!!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1384
Rule of thumb is that the amp can be better than the subs but it doesn't make sense vice versa ....

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 82
Not to mention those subs are 300wrms. you would be underpowering them by 110 watts apiece i believe if i did my math right. give them a true 300 each and they will sound great trust me (i have two of them myself.)

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 333
we had a sh!ty royal blue pyramid 2,400w an dat sh!t hit hard as he11 till we fried the amp lol an it was with the jl w3v2s an does the v2 on the sub mean dual 2ohm

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 163
no it's the second version of the W3! basically it is what the old W6 was before the recent design changes.....they are good woofers....and can take a beating like you wouldn't believe! (had one on a wall socket for a couple minutes due to a voice coil issue) that thing did not wanna blow!! but for them to shine you need to get a decent amp for them....look on ebay for some kicker amps or even a hifonics amp over that pioneer!!

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 334
well der my brothers subs not mine an da amp i let him use since my moms car is in till spring so i was wonderin if it would work cause we had the pyramid amp an it sounded great till it fried an is the subs dual 4ohms cause i dont want 2 kill dat amp lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us