Sx 12 vs 2 12 type r?

Bronze Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 89
Im looking for spl so which would get louder and which would sound better?

Bronze Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 91
O and add the rl-p 15 to that.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1308
pretty equal

why not buy 2 12" SE = 600x2 = 1200wrms

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 52
Depends on the box they would be in...
The Type-R's would prolly sound the best, imo.
They would be pretty equal as far as SPL is concerned.

Bronze Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 92
Well i dont want 2 ses because i wanted to stay under 1000 watts rms (for the sake of my alternator) and that would get too expensive buying a 1200 watts rms amp and spending over 300 on the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 611
are you f*ckin people retarded?..there is no way in h*ll that 1 12" SX will be even close to the 2 12" type R's in SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 677
rob you must be a Type R fan. The SX is an SPL sub. RE told me that if I wanted SQ at all, to not go with this sub. People however, claim that it has some SQ. The type R is a SQ sub. Sounds about right that 1 SPL sub would sound just as loud as 2 SQ subs...the type R's will sound better though...

I agree with Rovin...the RE SE vs. type R are a better comparison.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 612
too bad you have no clue about what your talking about...here's some testing...Well, as some of you may know, i now have a few subs in my possession. These subs are an seXXX, SX, and the newest addtion, a type-r. Now, i was a bit sceptical at first about the type-r, but after tonights scores i have no doubt that i will probably be using it for the rest of the season. So, without further ado, the scores.

SPL: in the kick, drivers door open
SX: 147.0
seXXX: 148.7
type-r: 148.9 (after about 5 other burps/rollups, so my voltage was hurting)

Not only is the type-r louder, it handled the power (strapped nine.1's at .5 ohm a piece) better and just performed better

Driveby: meter 6 feet away from passenger door, 4.5 feet off the ground
SX: no testing (wasn't worth testing because it SUCKED)
seXXX: 122.0
type-r: 123.4

Once again, the type-r prevailed simply because of the fact that it was able to handle both amps for music. With the SX/seXXX i had to use one amp because they could not take the power.

Now don't get me wrong, I love RE, great products. But god d*mn, i'm beating their "best" street setup SPL sub with a $130 sub i got off ebay. I really don't know what to think now.

And for all the people who are going to bash me, i did test out multiple boxes for the SX and seXXX, and those were the best numbers they pulled. And, as a matter of fact, i just tossed the type-r in the box the seXXX did it's number in. So this may not even be the best box for the sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Jcook

Post Number: 16
I will be geting an RE Sx 12. it will be a ported box tuned to 30hz. my friend has 2 type r's in a sealed box. any comments on who will hit harder. i have a scion tc and he has a ford 500.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 242
So a 500 watt SQ-SQL sub (type R) is louder than a 1000 watt SQL-SPL sub (SX)? Makes no sense. Maybe 2 type R's...but not 1. I will be getting a SX15 soon, and I'm going to port it in a 3 cubic foot box tuned to 30Hz. I will be running an RE 12.1 amp.
My best friend has 2 Type R's in a ported box powered by a JL 1000/1.
Once I get my stuff set-up, I'll let you know whats louder, but my money is on the SX.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1040
i dont believe it at all... 1, your saying u had 2 ed nines at .5 ohms on that type R?... thats like 4000w rms isnt it? there is no way a type R can handle that. and i just dont see 1 type R being louder than 1 SX.... your gonna need proof.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2348
Straight from the website. :-)

Stackable - TWICE the power. The NINe.1 is stackable without the use of a external module. Stacking 2 NINe.1's is a easy way to get 2500+ watts @2ohm Mono.

so my ? is how were you able to run 2 of them at .5 ohms a piece?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us