Head unit resets every time i turn off my car

Anonymous

I just got my cd player yesterday, got it hooked up, and now every time i turn off my car, every setting on it gets reset. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Nocc1n

Louisa, VA US

Post Number: 51
Maybe it's a wiring problem. Go back over your installation and make sure the constant/switch/ground are all hooked up to the constat/switch/ground.
Should fix it? Maybe.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1984
Yeah, i'm betting the yellow (battery constant) wire isn't getting any power when the car is off.

Anonymous

cool, im pretty sure thats the problem, but now ive got another one, the only way i can get power to my unit is if i hook both the yellow and accesory line (red) to the accesory line in the car (its yellow with a red stripe). I get power if i hook the yellow to the accesory, but no fuction other than ejecing/inserting a disc. And i dont get power when i hook up the yellow to anything else. This is my first hookup of a unit, so i was goin in expecting some errors =P. Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1989
Ahh, just hook up the red wire only to the acessory wire.

You're going to have to run a new wire from either 1) Directly from the battery or 2) Tap into a fuse that is always on in the fuse panel (usually the cigarette lighter fuse works well). Then hook up the yellow wire from the headunit to your new wire.

Anonymous

omg ur a genius XD. Everythings up and running, thx so much man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us