What subwoofer set up would go?

Username: Gator

Helotes, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion, on what brand, or size, or model would pair best with an orion 6002 amplifier. I have had the amp for a while, but my last subwoofer blew. I had an Audiobahn DVC, that said it handled 1200 watts total. I am not sure if I underpowered, or overpowered it. The amplifier is rated at 600 watts bridged, or 300 watts by 2 at 2 ohms. I would like to get 12" speakers, and I was looking at Phoenix Gold Xenons, or Kicker L7's. I am not sure whether I should go with a 1 speaker, or a 2 speaker set-up. I do not have to purchase these particularly. Any and all opinions, or advice, would help tremendously.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3188
Are you wanting something that just gets loud, or something that just sounds really clean... or both?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3189
Oh, and how much were you planning on spending?

Bronze Member
Username: Big_ed

Post Number: 78
get 2 12 inch JL W3v2s

Helotes, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
I would like something that is loud, but I can comprimise, I would really rather it sound clean. I listen to a wide variety of music, but mostly rock and roll. So if I could get something that would sound good, and clean with that type of music, it would be great. I would not like to exceed $350.00-$400.00. I would really like to spend less. That is another reason why I was thinking about only running one subwoofer, with the orion bridged.

Helotes, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
d2's or d4's?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3193
My mind has kind of when blank at the moment... but an Alpine Type R would fit that discription, and is only around $120.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3194
Yeah, W3's would sound nice, and you'd need the D4's.

Helotes, TX U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the help rebel, and Big ed. Any more suggestions would also be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 540
or mabey 1 RE se. i not sure on how much that sub costs.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 220
SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us