Thoughts on this?

Bronze Member
Username: Borked

Post Number: 39
Im finally hooking up my system tomorrow for my 05 tacoma standard cab, it consists of an 800watt mono rms amp and a 250x2 watt rms amp. I need a wiring kit and I found this

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/powkit2g.html

what do you guys think?

2gauge might not be necessary but its better safe than sorry

ECON
Unregistered guest
I never really cared for "kits" myself. I always just take measurements, buy a dist. block, a fuse holder, fuses, rca cables, all the necessary power/speaker wire based on my measurements etc. and put together my own "kit". The kits that I have seen never consist of quality stuff and are often overpriced. BTW, use 1/0 to the dist. block and 4 ga to the amp(s).

Besides that, if it says Power Acoustik on it, don't buy it. Rule of thumb :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Borked

Post Number: 40
so you're saying all car audio wiring is not created equal? there is indeed a difference between streetwires and stinger or stinger and scosche, when it comes to wiring?

Anonymous

I believe in this case, the power acoustik kit will be fine. I'm sure stinger has higher amount of strands but for your power requirement this gauge allows for a very high strand count anyways.

Only one thing bothers me about the kit you pointed out, is for a two(2) gauge kit, it only comes with an 80amp fuse. I believe for your setup you would want at least a 100amp fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us