My protect light came on and need help plz.!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Pearlwhitebabe

Dallas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 20
I have a boss amp, its a chaos 900. but wait before u say that it sucks and its wortheless and a ripp off, first hear me out. I know it sucks, but it was cheap. i have it connected to two 12' subs that are kenwood, each rated at 400 watts rms. the amp was not running at much power becuse the way it was wired it was only giving out 150 watts per sub. i connected them today and the protect light came on. i cant get it to go away and none of my wires are bad, i checked. plz help me.

Bronze Member

Dallas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 21
ok i had it wired normally, one speaker per channel, but then i decided to wire them in parallel and i think this is when the problem started. it didnt even try to play, it just chose not to come on. My amp says its 300 watts at 4 ohms. but i dont understand if that means 4 ohm total resistance or 4 ohms per channel resistance. also if bridged it supposedly makes 1600 watts, i know a boss cant do that much trully. now i bridged it and connected my subs in parallel to drop the impendence to 2 ohms but the amp went to protect mode and chose to be a sissy. plaese help me out anyone.

Bronze Member

Dallas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 23
ok why has my question gone on without an answer, tanx for nothing, this is the most useless website i have ever been in.a person with a real question comes for help to you all and yall dont even listen. well fu*k y*o
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us