183 dbs

Anonymous

someone in illinois said he hit 183.2 dbs in his own term lab sort of speaking, with 6 18" mt's and 6 crossfire amps

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 289
In the port?

Anonymous

said he did the testing at his house, had his own db reader, the news and everyone was there, he cranked them up in front of his friends before news came hit 183.2 took a picture of the read out, then when the news came he cranked it up and 2 subs blew and only hit 169

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4023
I could understand in the port(port wars) but that doesnt even make sense anyway because if you loose 2 subs you loose avg 6db's then if they were ported another 6db's so that would be 181 not 183. whatever. I think Zac being on the compatition circuit would have prob heard something about it.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 478
If he was putting up those kinds of numbers he wouldve been competing in db drag and setting new world records. Hey maybe they are from Team Loud also.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 13
i say hes full of sh!t wheres the proof?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3153
No James, you're also for getting to add in the power he lost too those 2 subs.. Thats about another 5 DB's isn't it?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1274
The loudest SPL ever recorded on the Termlab in a sanctioned SPL event was at a USACi event. Wesley Blachard did 181.8dB in super portwars (sensor in the port) w/ 1 selenium 10" in a "secret" box. He is part of Team Southern Creations.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2300
Selenium sounds familiar, but i can't put my finger on it.

aHAH!...i was thinking Iridium. lmao

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 479
Yeah but thats being metered at the port so that number doesn't mean a damn thing. Put it on the dash or outlaw and see what it does

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1275
portwars is a competition just like metering legal and outlaw...its just easier to get loud w/ port wars. in many cases, a setup that does ~142 legal might be able to do 155-60 in super portwars.

what port wars really amounts to is a crowd pleaser...everyone at an event likes to see high #'s.

by the way...wesley blachards other setup does ~155dB (outlaw).

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 291
Hi Marshall,
When I was talkin to Wes at Heatwave he showed me his port wars box.
It wasnt what I expected. He runs modifed with a wall and a large slot port.
What he did was position the meter in the port and test, then move it an inch, test, another inch, test, and so on and so on. Until finally he found a sweet spot. Where it reads 181+ db, funny thing he told me if he moves the meter either way it goes straight down to a 165 lol.
Anywho, just thought i'd share that with ya.
L8r man....

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3163
Wow, thats a big difference!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1278
so Wes just swept his box for "hot spots"...humm... :-)

i never got to met Wes in person, but i have talked to quite a few of the Team Southern Creations guys are different comps down here in louisiana. In fact, the first "loud" system i ever heard was at a Southern Creations shop...one of the guys on their team did a 157.x w/ 6 selenim 12's in a ranger at a comp they had there. (the loudest i had heard before that was 149.3)

zac, you going to USACi nationals next weekend?
(i'm only going to a double pointer in pineville, la...lmao...its the same day as finals)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us