Need serious help

Anonymous

is it ok to mont the sub upside down.. you know withthe magnet showing, and will i have to make any changes on amp or anything

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4008
nope the only thing it effects is the internal volume of your box due to the loss of having to calculate in sub displacement.

Anonymous

so keep the wiring the same ive heard from people you have to reverse the wiring

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4009
yup you have to reverse to polarity on the sub to the amp, some amps have a reverse swith on them so the wiring stays the same, also some head units have the rev option as well.

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

so i cant have one sub reverse one regular

Anonymous

please i need help i want to run one sub showing magnet and the other regular how do i do this, what switches do i need to change or things on my amp or wiring to do this

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2271
you dont "have" to reverse the polarity.

i have my sub mounted regular in the box, and it sounds fine either way.

it just determines if the cone will move out or in when the bass hits.

i personally think my sub is more accurate/blends in with the music better when it is on regular, and it hits deeper/louder when it is reversed.:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 47
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/inverted.html
courtesy of Glasswolf

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2272
if you want to mount one reverse, and one regular, then wire the one that is regular the normal way, and wire the one that is reverse, the opposite way.

that way the one sub will "push" when the bass hits, and the other sub will "pull" when the bass hits, so you don't have cancellation issues.

jlk2777
Unregistered guest
im looking at subs and wondering if i should get 2 12" jlaudio w6v2 or 2 15 inch kicker L7 i need to know which is of better quality of loudness and sound

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4010
well the l7 will be louder but the w6v2's will blow them away in SQ and reliability. It all depends on what you are looking to achieve. using the rev option on a amp or HU is mainly used for better tuning to match your systems mids and highs. Is it better either way? no but you will find that with your perticular system it might sound better reversed or visa versa.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2275
James, you is correct sir. lol(i meant to say it like that)

i was just clearing up the misconception that it is crucial that you must reverse the polarity when reverse mounting your subs.:-O

i used to think the same thing, then someone learned me the right way. lol(once again)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4013
lol Ize be understandin Mr Muddy sir!

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2277
lmao!

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 209
i got my subs reversed and it sounds the same with reverse polarity and regular polarity
probily audiobahn ... go figure

Anonymous

so when you mean wire them in reverse what do u mean

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2281
connect the positive wire to the negative terminal and vice versa.

Anonymous

i have my setup wired to one ohm so, take a positive wire from negative to negative then out, then take a negative wire from positive to positive out then combine the set of negative wires together with the negatives or the positives

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2282
you wont be changing the way it is wired to the VC's except for the fact that you will switch the wires on the amp around on one of the subs.

take the wires from the + speaker terminal and hook them up to the amps - speaker terminal.

only do this on one of the subs though.

Anonymous

well my amp is a mono block, i have the subs at one ohm so..............

Anonymous

bump

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2285
you can still switch the wire on one of the subs.

take them and wire them the complete opposite way.

them hook it up to your amp the same way you already have it.

Anonymous

will it hit just as hard or will it lose some loudness. or does it depend, i have it in a vented box, oh and is there any way plug up the vent on a vented box what aould be the best way

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

muddy........

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2293
i would just leave them the way they are if they are in a vented box. when you change the volume of air inside the box, you change the port's tuning.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2294
patience Grasshoppa. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us