Custom box..worth it?

easter bunny
Unregistered guest
i have a problem. the system in my truck sounds great but i need more treble. i have my setting where they sound best except for the treble part. i also have a 4 chnl amp where i still have two open channels. the problem is that i dont have anywhere else to put speakers. my only solution is to build myself a custom box i've measured around and i can only find one space big enough and out of the way. its right under my clutch stick where i have 8 1/2 inches length, 8 1/2 width and 7 inches height. im lookin to put two tweeters (i think theyre about 2 1/2 diameter) and two 6 1/2 speakers in this box. right now what i really need is suggestions to: 1. make this box. 2. where to put the speakers on this box. and 3. how to make this box sound good. any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1888
why don't you tell us what you have in the truck already for starters
then I can tell you how to improve teh system

easter bunny
Unregistered guest
ok..its not much but it all cost me under $200.
pioneer 40x4 head unit
2 pioneer 6x9 3-ways
2 pioneer 6'1/2 2-ways
optimus 4 chnl amp (85 watt rms per chnl)
2 reactor audio 10' subs.
thats about it

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1907
ok, put the 4 channel amp on the 6.5" and 6x9 speakers
get a separate amp for the subs.
if your treble is still lacking, replace the front speakers with 6.5" separates, like something from Infinity or CDT.

easter bunny
Unregistered guest
that sound good and all but i have 2 problems..im broke so i probably cant get another amp . And right now this system isnt hard on my alternator and i cant afford a bigger alt. the only reason im wanting to go with the box idea is because i already have the extra speakers and i can get the wood for the box free.

eb
Unregistered guest
any more suggestions?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1961
ummm
change to a better paying job?
*grin*

this isn't a cheap hobby..

Anonymous

You can't mount tweeter's anywhere? like the pillars or anything?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us