New Brahma Pic?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1223
sooo... don't get me wrong. everyone knows i'm an adire guy and all. but i'm just curious as to the market strategy dan and the company is taking with the new line-up.
i'm not necessarily the clean-cut, gq smooth type guy or anything, but many enthusiasts base their purchase on looks as well as performance.
e.g., i plan on going w/ 3w6v2's in the next install. clean, great sounding.
and again, i can greatly appreciate the "what!!" type look of subs (just take a look at mine). not sure if it's even a concern as such, but adire is really looking to get outsold by RE and soundsplinter (respectively) if looks have any effect on the sub preferences of the masses.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b301/mikechec9/newbrahma.jpg

The Mark twos look better imo. a prototype maybe to keep the antsy fans at bay for a while longer?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3864
Are you sure that's the new one? I've seen older Brahma's with flat non-chromish plates.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4922
I've got a feeling all these changes are happening too early in Adires development as a company. I just don't think they're quite where they need to be in order to raise prices and give a little less for the money spent, their products are great, but I wouldn't call them world beaters just yet. Think about how long JL let their reputation develop before they started jacking up the prices. JL started very similarly to Adire, started in the 1970s and it took until the 1990s before nationwide distribution began, and another few years before the prices started going up. I just think Adire needs some time for the business to grow further.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1230
i agree. it's kind of a scary thought. particularly in this "fad based" society/economy.
it seems adire's primary customer base is forums. and the sway of that base is generally in the direction of the child-sub, RE. i really think adire could plausibly fall completely off the scale with few supporters to miss them. and become one of the many upstarts that faded out of business.
as jonathan said, even though jl didn't have the benefit of the internet, they situated themselves as a company. and a great one at that. in addition, there was a greater demand for car audio in the 90's.
as far as raising the prices, RE has a more substantiated rational in the new design of their subs (original oversized frame and potentially new motor). charging more for a lesser sandwich doesn't make sense to me personally. but then again i was a bio/soc major.
they should get their stuff together and come out right. they'll lose sales in the first quarter, but they're the sole owners of xbl2 tech. they'll be better off. particularly with a marketing plan to push to the masses what truly is revolutionary technology.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1231
"Are you sure that's the new one? I've seen older Brahma's with flat non-chromish plates"

http://adireaudio.com/Mobile/BrahmaSeries.htm

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3868
Haha, that answers my question.

Last time I visited Adire's sight they didn't have any pics yet...

I totally agree with you guys though, it's definitely too soon for Adire, and they will definitely lose a lot of customers since they are not mainstream. The general public knows nothing about Adire audio, and those that do, also know about other companies such as Re, SoundSplinter, Ascendant Audio, Elevation Audio, etc, and will probably be able to get a better deal with a different company rather than Adire now that they've jacked the prices up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us