Type R subs - good sound quality ???

Anonymous

I'm interested in buying a pair of 12" Type R 1242D subs to be run off a 1000wrms @ 1ohms amp & i wanna know if these subs have good SQ , SQL or SPL like & are they durable ?

I'm not a newbie & have systems before so no need to explain other stuff to me but I'm after SQL so i intend to run these in a ported box . These are pretty cheap $117 + s/h online so please let me know ASAP ....... thanks guys !

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 227
my best friend bought a month ago 2 12" type R's in a ported box and a jl 1000/1 amp. It sounds very good, and the SQ was very evident compared to my Power acoustiks. Inside the car is was clean, hard bass. His trunk rattles wicked bad though so it sounds like sh!t outside the car lol

Anonymous

Oh thanx Mike . I know its a good brand & is supposed to perform well - i just need to hear a few personal reviews from ppl here who have used it before i order .

Anybody else ?

Username: Dropthatbass

Post Number: 4
i gotta buddy who has three 12inch in a ported box that was custom built by this one engineer dude so it sounds like he has 4 but these things sound really good, they have good SQ, SQL, and pretty good SPL. i would plan on dynamating maybe a just little if u dont want that rattle

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3161
Yes, good subs... and there an sql woofer.

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonmoody

Rushville, Indiana United States

Post Number: 25
The type r's are an excellent bang for your buck. They have great SQ and they hit pretty hard too. My friend has two 12" type r's in a sealed box running off a 1000 watt alpine amp, and i think he's hitting around 140 db. Go with them, and i think u will be satisfied.

Anonymous

Ok thanx to the 4 guys who responded .

last call - anybody else before i buy them ?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3190
I don't think you'll find minny people who won't recomend them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us