COMP98 and other from the group buy

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 220
Josh cook: "i called re just now. they have been at a show or something. they are back now. they didn't know anything about a groupbuy and say that they didn't know of any coming up. So now that they are back, Comp do your thing. They should answer the phone now. sorry for the crapping writing i am in a rush to get back to work!!!!! bye"

There is still HOPE!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 389
Well lets go Comp98,........:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 88
grrr.....I sent out an email last night for those who were in the group buy last time. I might decide to allow more people to join but lets see who still wants in first.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 89
Who wants to wait for the new XXX's to come out before we do this group buy??? Like Issac said before, 'if you get the new stuff, you wont have to worry about updated your equipment for a while.' Well he didn't say it exactly like that but it's the same idea.

Ohh and I feel so special having my name on the subject line, now I know how Issac and GW feel. :\ lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
we would have to wait until mid nov. at the earliest... which is another month. Personally, I don't need the new XXX and to me it won't be worth the extra $100. The new XXX will probably be more than 1600 rms wattage, so if i'm still only goin to use a 1200 watt amp, i feel that i wasted my money on the XXX becuz its not being used to its potential. Plus a ported box for the new XXX would most likely be bigger than the one for the SX, and i have limited space. Also the actual mounting depth of the new XXX will most likely cause a problem for me, becuz its so damn huge lol. Just my opinion....

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
Isaac did make a very valid point though when he said its easier to upgrade an amp, than a subwoofer and box.... But I will be basically using all the room in the back of my camaro as it is now with a ported SX, so that point doesn't really apply to me. If i got a new car i would still have to buy a new box, becuz mine will be a custom job for the camaro

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
comp, i say go ahead with the group buy as planned, and try to get more people involved... If we have 35 subwoofers being purchased I'm sure they will give us a decent discount.... maybe like $30 off each sub...

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 96
lol mid-November?? people are talking about them like thier due next week! I'm with you Mike, I already bought a 1000 watt amp and since this is my first system, an SX should be fine for a while.

Just wanted to get others opinions.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 390
I'm still in . It wouldn't hurt if you started another gruop buy sometime in november. I wo8uld love to get my hands on the new x.x.x.-18"

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1026
i want to know if this thing is going to go through or not lol... if not then i'll just go ahead and get a SX or maybe an audioque HD or something but definetly in the future im going to get the new XXX and maybe a us amps 2000x or 2 zapco 750.2s or something.

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Comp, you call again??? I got through all 3 times I called...

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 785
Did you guys read the e-mail Comp sent out??? He said he will be calling on Thursday afternoon. Yeah, I e-mailed you too Comp, I am still in as well.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 786
Oh BTW, I totally agree with Mike and Comp, I don't want to wait, thats just dumb. This thing was supposed to happen like to weeks ago, NO MORE WAITING!

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 107
well, its a mute point. RE's not doing any group buy's soon. All because of the new line coming out. We'll it was worth a try! Again, RE is NOT doing any group buys in the near future, so your gonna have to p.i.f. Me, I'm gonna order my SX12 next thurs. (payday)

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
I just ordered An SX15 and a 12.1 RE amp... it'll be here in 10-12 days. I can't wait.

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 109
nice Mike, let us know how it works out..maybe post some pics.

I got my mbquart amps in yesterday- the quad 4 x 100 watts RMS and the mono 1 x 1000 watts RMS. I gotta get a few things from knukonceptz before I go ahead and wire them up tho.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4767
Comp98, can you check the country of origin on your amps? Just curious.
Too many companies are changing manufacturers without notifying anyone.

Silver Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 112
i have the Reference series Amps. Designed in Germany made in USA. First thing I did when I got my amps. Actually only checked the one amp but I'll look again later today. Bought them from the same guy at the same time so I'm thinking they should be the same.

It's ashame that MB was sold off, they had nice solid amps. They each feel like they can take a bullet. lol maybe I should try.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us