POLK MMC6500...anything better for under 200?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 142
I was looking at getting the POLK MMC6500's for my car, was wondering if theres anything better than them for under 200 bucks, and if i were to get the polks, what would be a good amp to run them since i dont know much about 2 channel amps, mainly studied mono amps before i spent most of my time looking at subs =/

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 401
boy your really on a mission to find the best bang for your buck for speakers. I like that.

The polks are good for the money IMO. I like them better than the infinities. You can get CDTs for under $200 but i dont know how the SQ is gunna be compared to the polks. Jonathon will probably know.

Any decent amp that will put out 100-125 watts RMS into 2 channels @ 4 ohms will be good. (100 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms)

Alpine and MTX would be ok

Eclipse and Xtant will be better

JL, Arc, Zapco would be best.

Xtant can be had for cheap on ebay for what your getting. Zapco is gunna be expensive and you might not need that good of an amp for your setup.

I would stick with Eclipse/Xtant/JL. Theyll give you great SQ and reliability.

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
I forgot to mention that there are other brands too that would work but those are just good/great brands that would do you justice. I figured you had heard of those brands before thats why I mentioned them.

Figured I would mention that before someone comes on here b!tchin that I left out such and such brand or whatever.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 144
oh yea the brand names are nothing new to me, ive spent about a month reading the sub forums because i decided i wanted to get some subs and once i decided on the subs i wanted, (2 RE SE's) i decided to move onto the speakers, the only problem is i dont know any of the models by certain brands, and brands that had good subs doesnt necessarily mean good speakers, so its time for some more reading up :-) The only thing that might influence my decision on the speakers is because i actually have an interview for a job at best buy in less than an hour for the computer department and i believe the discount on car audio is 50% so it might be alot cheaper w/ better warranty to just buy it from them, so i hope they carry some good speakers because other than the alpine type r, their subs suck

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
Well, undernormal conditions I wouldnt go to best buy for car audio, but in your case your probably not gunna find anywhere else that will give you 50% of.

They sell Polk so i would definatly go with them in this case. Your not gunna find any better component speakers for $100 dollars or less. (50% of $200)

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 268
You think the POLK MMC6500 would be better than the Infinity perfects?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us