SQ for Subwoofers

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 162
What would be the diffrence from a
JL Zapco And Orion 2500D amp in sq for subs

since there will not be much detail needed, wouldnt sq be more so in the enclosure then the amp?

how much of a diffrence would it actually make?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1217
the primary determinant in sq for subs is going to be an adequate power supply.
the true "SQ" is going to be on the part of the sub, not the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
*edit* yes, sub AND enclosure.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4673
LiL Jon, the amp that is comparable to 2500D is the C2K 9.0x. It is around 2200w rms.
If money wasn't a factor, I'd pick Zapco all the way. It not only has the power, but some very handy features. You can set the output limit on the amp and many numerous options. Download their manual and you'll see.
Orion 2500D is less than half the price of Zapco. Not really a fair comparison.
I think if you compared to RF or Kicker, then it would've made more sence.
If you can get Zapco, do it. You won't regret it.
With low powers, the SQ is depended more on the sub and enclosure. However, when you're dealing with 2000w+, amp does play a role.
If you took Hifonics for example, at 2000w, it might start mixing in distortion along with the music signal. It might not be much with 200w of power, but at 2000w, it could be enough to blow your subs.
Unless you have the HO alternator to backup the amp, you won't get anywhere near 2000w.
What subs will you be using with the amp? Couple of RE XXX should be fine since they handle 1600w rms. JL 13W7 is really 1000w. If you go over that too much, you will start hearing the sub bottoming out. Not something you want to hear, due to their cost.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
well right now i need to finishing hooking my subs up Im trynna put an amp on these 2 15 Avalnches but i will be up grading to the new XXX
eventually

the zapco cost so damn much what is an alternative to the c2k?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4687
If Zapco is out of your price range, then Orion 2500D is not bad at all.
Zapco's next power amp is the Reference 1100.1 amp. It's only 1100w @ 2ohms. So you might need 2 of them.
If you look on eBay, sometimes you get sellers needing cash. I've seen C2K 9.0x sell for $900 before.
If you're planning on getting the new RE XXX subs, then whatever you do, do NOT get cheap amps.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 223
how do the orion 1200D, RE 12.1 and the kicker kx1200.1 compare???

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
well how cheap is the orion amp considerd to be???

isaac i would love to have 2 of these http://www.zapco.com/

would love this even more
http://cgi.ebay.com/US-AMPS-2000-Awesome-condition-PURPLE-1999-Zapco_W0QQitemZ58 17394665QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

but i will only have 275 amps to play with damn!

if i cant find the zapco cheap what u sugest

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
the zapco 2k that is being that 2 refrence would b to much on my alt

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 525
i bought a new orion 1200D amp the shitty west coast customs one that i specifically told the guy i didnt want, i wanted the original orion 1200D bt eff it its the same but mine has a West COast Customs Logo over the orion logo. i bought it from snyper audio on ebay for 385. it retails about 680-700 at local shops here in LA.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
o yea and were does the re amp fit in on all thsi like mike said

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 526
iono someone asked how cheap the orion 1200D was to be considered so i posted how much i paaid for mine

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
it sounds not so good? i didnt see ur post we were replyn at teh same time

Gold Member

Post Number: 1221
the 1100.1 is very power hungry (and it actually does 12-1400 watts), even for an a/b class amp. in the case of the US amp, while 1000x2 is plenty for the ava's, i would sooner get two class d nine.1's, stack them, and get 2500 watts@ 2ohms for 700.00 to power the xxx's.
the used US is already up to 400.00 used for half the power and no warranty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
WERE WILL ARC AUDIO FALL INTO THIS

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4014
Hey lil jon as far as amps that are within 200-300 watts within eachother of the top of the line amps you have been mentioning(if that makes any sense lol) When you get upwards of 1500-2000 watts the difference between 1500-2000 is very minimal. At that point in order to add 3db's you would need to go from 1500-3000 watts. The arc,Zapco,Tru tech,old orion,Old fosgate(power) old soundstream, Old PPI, JL audio, US amps, and a few others you will not notice a difference between a 1000 watt zapco amp or a 1000 watt arc amp. The Orion 1200d is not in the same league as the above mentioned.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Makes Perfect Sense and Actually
Im on another board right now an dthey saying they cant tell a diffrence between the Arc and the c2k

JAMES ARE YOU TELLING ME I WONT NOTICE A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN 1500 WATTS AND 2000 WATTS?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4018
between two subs thats 250/piece the difference will be minimal. I see that you are running two avalanche 15's. What enclosure do you have them in? 750/piece is more then fine. I am running 1 ava 15 sealed with 800 watts and it is very loud and has great SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2286
yes, b/c that isn't as big of an increase in power as say 200 to 700.

it's all about ratio's.

you will notice a difference, but it isn't as big of a difference as adding 500 to a sub that has 100 or so.

do ya get it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
7CUBE PORTED

AND ALSO HOW WOULD MY AMPERAGE BE AFFECTED IN THE CASE OF AN UNDERATED ARC AMP BEING THAT I CANT CONTROL THE WATTAGE COMING OUT OF IT LIKE A ZAPCO?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2288
plz turn off caps lock.:-)

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2289
the more volts going to it, the more power it will produce.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4025
yes please turn off the caps! When you double the power output you add 3db's(roughly) a 9db-11db increase is twice as loud(roughly)if you have a sub with 1000 watts it will take roughly 4000 watts to double its audible output.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4026
I lied it would take 8000 watts roughly to double.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us