Linking two RF amps

Bronze Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 37
I know that there is a thing you can buy that links the amps together to make them look like one big amp, but where can I buy one and how do they work? Do they just plug in or do I have to run wires to it? I looked on eBay about a month ago and they had these, but I can't seem to find any now.

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 41
The amps are 2002 or 2003 model Rockford Fosgate Punch 501s.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 48
As far as I know, you can get a power distribution for your 12v power and remote turn on. THen for the ground, just run a new one to somewhere on the car. The distribution block will split your main power wires into two so you can hook up two amps. Then, just run your RCA's from the first amp's output, and into the second amp's input. This is how it works as far as I kno.

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 46
Well, that doesn't help me. I know how to hook up two amps. I just thought it might be easier if I bought the amp link.

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 17
if its any help I was wondering the same thing. If you find the answer to your own question post it, and If I find the answer I will post as well.

I have a 301x, a 401s, and a 501x. would be nicer to link a couple instead of having all three with lotsa wires.

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 47
I just found a couple of them on eBay, but one says it is for the power series amps and the other one is black. Do you think these will work for the punch series? It doesn't give much info.

eBay item #5818033254
eBay item #5783119719

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 53
http://www.hookedontronics.com/products/R4176c6c7d_03P117_rockford+fosgate+punch +rfc4210++amplifier+link.jsp

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ROCRFC5210

Heres a couple more. I'm pretty sure it is the RFC-5210, but I couldn't find a picture of the RFC-4210. But then again, the RFC-5210 shows it grey, but says it is black.

Unregistered guest
Are you asking about how to "strap" the outputs together or just the cosmetic link? golfweapons@hotmail.com If I can help out any.

Bronze Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 57
Yes, i'm looking to "strap" the outputs. Does the link do this, or is it just for show. Anyway, i'd like to get one that matches my amps, but my amps are not black. I can't seem to find one that is grey for the Punch series, only for the Power series.

Type RF Nut
Unregistered guest
The link is for cosmetic purposes I am 99% sure of that...it just links the two heat sinks. To "strap the outputs, you have to have a bunch of things happening. Both amps get power ground and remote as normal, the first amp (or master) get the signal as normal. The master amp needs to send an output signal that is inverted in polarity to the slave amp. Then the positive speaker wire of the master amp and the negative speaker wire of the slave amp ar the actual ouputs used. The negative speaker wire output terminal on the master amp is connected to the positive speaker wire output terminal of the slave amp. You can only do this with monoblock amps and ones that can actually be "strapped" as they usually have the option to invert the polarity of the output signal. This is also how 2 channel amps are bridged. Anyone else want to check my accuracy here because I don't want to give false info.

Bronze Member
Username: Blakktalon

Post Number: 19
If you scroll down to the first amp it kinda has a picture of it. I think this is what your explaining, http://www.kenwoodusa.com/PDF/Car_Catalog_2005.pdf
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us