It's getting cold

Anonymous

As it's starting to get cold it makes me wonder..

do people take their stuff (amp/subs) out for the winter? I live in the mid south so the lows are upper mid-upper 20s when it gets SUPER cold.. :-)

is it okay to leave everything in?

Anonymous

the cold is not bad on amps/subs...if anything, it better for them. the enemy of amps/subs is heat...and water.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 264
Let the cold comee:-) (CANADA :>)

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 784
Well, I wouldn't say it would be a good idea to come out on a -10F morning (gets that around here, UGHHH, give me heat over cold), turn on your car and turn the subs all the way up.... Let them warm up a little but before getting too loud.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4666
You know what you guys need? Couple of Sony amps in your car.
No heater required. Those suckers run hot even with no load.
Have one near the driver's side and it'll keep your feet warm.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 490
Yea, see, run your Sony amp/sub combination when you start the car up, and feel free to blast it without warming up. This way, you good sub/amp will warm up while those pieces of garbage work away. Either way, you won't lose much money, and still get your bang on the way to work/school.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 391
Its ok to run electronics in the cold, thats what they like. LCD displays might be kinda slow bc they dont like it that cold. As far as the speakers go however, or anything mechanical for that matter, is gunna have to be warmed up a bit before you blast it.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 495
Find it kind of funny though. My vintage home gear...it takes a beating in the summer. My house doesn't have A/C, so you can imagine how hot it gets in the summer when I'm playing music at high levels. And I don't use a fan on it or ANYTHING, and never gotten an ounce of trouble from any of it.

Gotta love the build quality of gear from days gone by...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us