Fusion 12" PowerPlant

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 190
What should i port my box to for this sub? I want to hit low and high bass hard but still have some good SQ!

Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 3
give him the right stuff cause I gotta help him build it....lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1253
do you have the T/S parameters for that sub?

if you do...list them.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1254
http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php?action=view&product_id=30

if that is the sub you have, then try the box in the "Tech info" link on that page. if you want a slot-vent box, i have measurements for a box i just designed for a buddy's SX12. (its ~30"x15"x15")

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 191
Ya that is the sub i got! I am using a 4" Diameter circle port! i just dont know what hz to make the port so it will Pound but sound good and hit all the lows and highs in the bass Hard! and i dont know where to look on that site because i have no clue what some of those frequencies mean! so what hz do u think i need to run a port at for my type of bass i want?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1256
I would try ~2-2.5cu ft net tune to 30-35hz.

go to www.bcae1.com and find the "basic enclosure calculations" link on the right hand side....click that link and then scoll down on the page that pops up until you find the ported enclosure calculator on that page. just type info like box size, port size, and desired tuning, etc into the calculator and it will give you the port length you need to tune your box correctly.

Ohio

Post Number: 8
sweet...he got us all set up smith...ok marshall..now who u use the same port hz for a alum12n audiobahn...cause me and smitty are in the shop class togather building our boxes!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 482
Is that Fusion stuff any good?

Bronze Member

Ohio

Post Number: 11
Smitty and I has a buddy with 3 of them and damn...he out bumps anyone around here!!

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1259
IMO, fusion is pretty decent. I have only heard fusion subs and amps a few times, but they were pretty good. I would put them in the kicker/RF catigory. Actually, the fusion subs i heard were the power plant series 12's. A friend of mine had a pair of them in an ext cab ford truck...pretty loud.

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 192
so marshal u think i should make the volume of each box 2.25 cuft and tune each port to 35hz?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1261
that would work...but i would prolly tune to 30-32hz though. (35hz will dojust as good, but i just like lower bass)

oh...and make sure your box is 2.25cuft NET...not gross. (if you want a "true" 2.25cuft box that is)

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 193
Thanks a lot marshall! Helped out a lot!

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 194
Ok marshall i got just one more ??? then i am set to start buildin! What diameter should I make the port?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us