SE vs SX

Bronze Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 80
I wanna go with a single 12" sub from RE but I'm not sure which 'class'.

I heard the SX is 75% spl and 25% sq, which all depends on the box and etc.

But what about the SE's. I was considering the SE's because of the great sq but will this thing get loud? I wanna have bass that pumps the chest but still sounds good.

Any other sub recommendations are welcomed.
MB Quart RAA1000

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1252
the SX does lean toward SPL, but it has nice SQ too. not nearly as good as a brahma or idmax, but in the right box it will sound very nice.

w/ that RAA1000, i would go w/ the SX...just try bout a 2-2.5cuft box tune in the 30-34hz range. w/ a well built box, you shouldnt disappointed in the SX's SQ...(well, unless you are used to the crystal clarity of something like a brahma or IDmax...then you will notice the lower SQ)

oh...and you prolly already now this, but SQ is totally subjective. some people have only heard sony xplode subs wal-mart box in their buddy's car and think they are awesome...but then some guy rolls up w/ a properly installed w6v2 and shows them how much better you can make a system sound.

by the way...what types of systems are you used to hearing?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3148
The SX should be enough sq for you.
Why not just wate a little longer and get a new x.x.x?:-)

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 82
lol....factory systems. My stepdad has a Bose sound system in his truck but thats about the only quality I have listened to but he keeps the volume low and my cars system is only factory for now.

I'm a new at all this but I learned alot from you guys here and other websites.
I don't want crap like Sony. lol

About the box, since I am new at this I was going to get a box from woodlawn cabinetry built to RE's specs. He lives near me so I save on shipping.

Thanks for the advice Marshall, I'll go with the SX then or idmax 12 if I can afford one.

Bronze Member

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 84
I didn't see your post rebel.

The xxx would be great to have but considering this is my first setup ever and probably the first set-up I'll ever hear, the SX might be good enough for now. Anyway, my amp only does 1000 RMS @ 1 ohm and the xxx will probably need alot more than that.

Price makes a huge jump too.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3151
Lol yeah... especilly the new x.x.x:-) that thing is going to be awsome.
The SX will work out nice for you... especily if you have them build a nice ported inclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us