Narrowed it down: JL Audio, Infinity, or Focal componets?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 296
Ok...going to be ordering my new componets today...and wanted to know what speakers are the best quality in terms of SQL? SPL? and SQ??

Infinity Kappa 50.7C?
JL Audio VR 525CSI? or...
Focal 130A?

These are all the 5.25" in their respective product lines.. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 145
i would get either the JL's or the Focals!! never really been a big fan of infinity stuff tho!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
Bump?

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
Hmm....anyone know hte pro's/cons? I like that the infinity's are 2 ohms.. Not sure about the others, gonna have to check into that.

Simon, why dont you like the infinities? Just curious.

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 149
wierd ohm loads and they have harsh tweeters in my opinion. the focals and jl's will be more expensive but will have better soung overall!

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
Simon, the models I listed, all three are very similar in price, within like $20.

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 152
well.......i have a quick ? then....you drive a firebird.....why are you using 5.25 speakers? i am using the 6.5 xr coaxils in my fronts!! and it sounds amazing....i got them off ebay a while back for 280 something....and mounted the crossovers in my center console. and most of the low line focals i have heard from local shops here in florida i wasn't really impressed with the tweeters on them....i know they are supposed to be some of the baddest of the bad but i personally didn't like the sound of them.....i have heard the vr's in a acura and it was pretty good....but the Xr's are a little bit more on ebay and the sound diff is night and day...but then again the zr's are a night and day difference to the xr's! it's gonna be hard to recommend either to you as some people like the focal sound...i didn't but i don't bash them for it......i personally like the range of the midrange on the xr's and the tweeter was smoother on highhats....are you picking these up locally or are you getting them off the net? have you heard the Vr's? if so how did they sound to you?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4923
The ZRs are quite a nice set of components, I really liked the sound of them. Look damn sexy, too :-).

Personally I'd x the Focals and go between the VRs and Kappas, but that's me. I'm not a fan of Focals stuff, and the Access line isn't that impressive IMO. The Kappas are a brighter set with a stronger tweeter, the VRs are smoother and give more warmth.

ECON
Unregistered guest
Of the three listed, I say Focal.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 214
lol im srry but has anyone heard the xenon 6.5 comps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
using 5.25" to fit into my kick pods. :-) I dont use the door for my speakers.. And not running any coaxials either... Have osm eMB Quart for my rear quarter panel midbase (componet), now just deciding what to use for my upfront, to get a nice sounding setup.

heh heh.

Seth

Silver Member

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 153
in all reality they have a component set you can prolly find on ebay.....it's a 3 way set of xr's that sound really awsome....i saw them on ebay a couple days ago in the 300 dollar range!! not telling you have to do that but it would sound kick aS$!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us