Sub and alternator advice

Username: Tbonez

Post Number: 5
Would you guys recommend a single 10 inch dvc sub or a two svc 10inch subs. I plan to put the sub on a kicker kx1200.1 in a vented or bandpass enclosure. I plan to purchase an RE or JL sub. Will I need to upgrade my alternator with a 100 watt rms highs amp and the kx1200.1? I forgot to mention this will go in a Honda civic. I am looking for sq not blaring bass...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3135
I'd almost bet you'll need a HO alt.
A RE SX, or X.X.X will work nice withthat amp.
A W7 would also sound nice.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 278
Tripp,

Just so you know..there is NO difference performance wise between a DVC and SVC woofer. The only difference has to do with wiring options. With that being said, you'll more than likely need to upgrade your alt with 1300w RMS, however it will largely depend on how loud you play your music daily. I'd suggest a low tuned ported box for sq. Something in the 28-32hz range.

Username: Tbonez

Post Number: 6
I didnt know that there was no performance gain in a dvc..I want to keep the weight down so that is why I am would like to go with one sub. I thought about two solobarics in a small enclosure but I have heard alot of complaints about sq product quality of the solobaric. Any other good woofers out there that have sq and can perform in an ultra small box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us