Hey zach

Bronze Member
Username: Keith78

Post Number: 26
would 2 diamond d3 12s be ok pushed by a 900watt kenwood cea2006 compliant amp. need help from a pro. would the amp sound ok on those subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
id really value a pros opinion iknow it wouldnt sound like a jl amp but would it be just be ok and sound decent

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
also i just saw some 12in cerwin vmax they look pretty good would these be better than the diamonds thanks for help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
or any pros help

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 489
I can probably help with this. Depends on what you're looking for though. In SPL, the Cerwin Vega's will prevail and deliver good SQ. The Diamonds will deliver high amounts of SQ but withouth the SPLs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
thanks tyler would the diamond sound ok on that amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
Eh...The Kenwood amp might kill some of the SQ the Diamond is capable of...but it SHOULD be OK as long as the RMS ratings are matched.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
do you think the diamond would give at least spl of pioneer 12in tsw- 306 you know the 400watt rms ones

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
yeah rms is matched and i think tsw 306 sound real good on the kenwood amp so the diamond will sound alittle better right

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
id be over powering the vmaxs but be right onthe money with the diamonds which way would you go tyler any other opinions thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
I personally am what you'd call a suck for Cerwin Vega lol. And which VMAX's are you referring to? The old 300W RMS 12" model or the new 600W RMS 12" model? I tend to think the VMAX's are a bit underrated, but that's MO. I myself am purchasing the new model VMAX's this winter.

However, the Diamonds will still have the greater SQ most likely, but the SPLs will not be matched.

Cerwin Vega and Diamond are far better than those Pioneers, so whichever you choose, you will be much happier with.

Overall I would say the CV's are the most well rounded sub with SQ/SPL. It really depends on you more though, what's more important, SQ or SPL?

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
Sucker* lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
very helpful thanks also im lookin at the old 300 rms so the diamond with 400rms prob be better then but not better than new vmax thats a bad subwoofer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
am i right

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
Bad as in good? Then yes, the new Vmax I'm sure has greater SQ in light of it's new found power output. Honestly, I think you'd be happier with the Vmax.

Just make sure you get the new model. It should be more widely available in a month or so. They have them on E-Bay sparingly right now, and SOME on Froogle.com. Have to search a bit, but they're there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
i dont have enoungh power for new vmax so there kinda out so the diamond would beat the old vmax with 300 watts right and i meant bad as in badass new vmax weigh like 25 pounds pretty tight

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
any other opinions or any body own d3s or old vega vmax

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
Regardless of RMS power handling, the old Vmax's will still get louder and sound good. The Diamonds will get decently loud and sound better, but you'll lose out on the SPL.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
tyler would idq have as much spl as the old vega and would diamond have as much spl as pioneer tsw 306

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
Ah, I don't think the Pioneer's are even a question. They're no match for ANY of the speakers you mentioned above, as they wouldn't have the SPL or SQ of them. IDQ's I'm not all that familiar with, MIGHT want to ask someone else about them. I've heard the IDMAX's are supposed to be thought of by some as the best all around woofer. So the IDQ I'm sure is good too. Just ask around about that one to be sure though, as I'm not that familiar with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us