Only 1?

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 350
Well recently i have been a little spectical about spl. However i love sq. This is why i choose to get one idmax. However, i feel that one just won't be loud enough(never heard it b4). So i have been thinking of gettin a 15" of something or two 12" of something different. Basically i want to know hoe a single idmax comparesd to let's say...2 or 3 12" compvr. I know that they are loud but there pretty much the only subs i have heard all the way up. If one idmax isn't loud enough what would you guys think of a 15" ssx??

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3132
Won't have near the sq as a ID would.
The SX is more of an spl woofer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
Nvm the treo. How can i get an idmax to perform well with spl? Well put it this way...everyone that lives here in seattle get's kicker. PLain and simple. I want to get a woffer that can show everyone that kickers not only sound garbage, but can get a woofer that is nearly as loud(kicker comps).

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3133
The Sound splinter RL-P is a good one.
Then theres all ways the x.x.x
Or maybe an Eclipse TI.
An SX will get loud, but it won't have the sq... someone on heer described it as 75% spl, and 25% sq.

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
huh...but you havnt really heard it compared to anything else like main brands? The only reason why i am asking is because there are times when you just want to out pound someone that has g@y kickers but most of the time enjoy the sq. You know what i am saying?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2232
"How can i get an idmax to perform well with spl?"

put it in a 2.8cuft box tuned to 28hz.
that is the largest enclosure you can put it in, and the highest tuning I would give it(and what they recommend) to retain SQ. that will get very loud.:-)

if you are looking to blow people away with your bass, one 12" SQL sub is probably not your best bet.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3139
Lol yeah I know what you're saying.
What are you trying to beat? L5/7's, or CVR's?
I'd look in too a 15 RL-P and give it lots of juice.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 272
"Nvm the treo. How can i get an idmax to perform well with spl? Well put it this way...everyone that lives here in seattle get's kicker. PLain and simple. I want to get a woffer that can show everyone that kickers not only sound garbage, but can get a woofer that is nearly as loud(kicker comps)."

Kicker subs don't really sound like garbage unless you're using them in a horribly built enclosure. You can get ANYTHING to sound decent in the right enclosure. Kicker is a reputable company who continues to make solid products year after year. Their square Solobaric subs are the only product they make that has any real design issues. IMO their CompVR is the best sub the make, (which is why I run one). In ther right box, the VR's have the ability to get real loud and sound decent while doing it. Great SQL sub.

It sounds to me that you're looking for a nice SQL sub, so in fact the CompVR's would be a good option to consider. Also the Alpine Type R's and RE SE's are in the same price range. Personally I'd go with an RE SX although it's a little more expensive. This way you'd be getting a non-mainstream sub with great performance and reliabilty. The SE will have much nicer SQ, but wouldnt have the output of the SX.

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Well...i guess ur right. all of my friends have the vr'd or the cvr's. I just want to get a sub that is a nonkicker because they think that kicker is the sh!t. Resx possibly or maybe a xxx(not the new one). I was also looking at the ed subs as well. But i like the look of a treo. Let's say i have 1200 rms to provide(which i do). What would be the ultimate best sub for sql with a little more spl?

Bronze Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 65
What about this
http://www.soundsplinter.com/rls_series/rls12_inch_LMT_DIY_car_home_subwoofer_in formation.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
beautiful!! However, i just conviced my friend to buy the 15" of that. And $500 is a lil out of my price range. I was thinking more of 400 o less.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3149
I'd say SX then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us