Full potential 10's or under powered 12's

TeeG
Unregistered guest
im looking at getting either two 10W7's or two 12W7's and i was wondering wich would get louder and sound overall better if i were to run the 10W7's off a jl 1000/1 or the W712's off a pg XENON X1200.1 ... would that be too much for just one amp?... what would be a cheap alternative to fully power the 12's? i thank anyone for help cause im new to this

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3125
You would be better off with the JL amp, and the 2 10's.
Why don't you just go with 1 13W7 and the 1000/1?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 282
If the Phoenix Gold does 1200 rms then I would say that is plenty enough power for 2 12" W7's.

We've ran plenty 12W7's with 500/1's. 500rms to one 12 will really make it move. Pretty efficient subwoofers actually.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 264
PG isnt that good of a brand. I would not run a good sub like a 13W7 to a PG amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Keith78

Post Number: 22
1 w7 would prob be plenty just my thoughts

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 283
Matt f, its statements like those that give this forum a bad rep. Don't pass judgment on product or brands you have no experience with nor even familier with the reputation of a said product.

TeeG, PG is a fine company who has been in the industry for years. They're innovaters who take pride in thier product.

(this applies to thier upper end lines)

TeeG
Unregistered guest
im buying off ebay and the seller doesn't have a 13W7 posted but thats a good piont ill be sure the email and ask if hes got one in stock, but would you would definatly take the 13w7 over the two 10's or 12's if u were to run them off a 1000/1?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3130
I would.

Bronze Member
Username: Keith78

Post Number: 24
fo sho me to, i heard 1 13w7, it was ridiculous

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 284
NO!, I would go with 2 12's.

I'm not sure about the other recomendations people are giving you, but you can know the ones from me are coming from an installer who has been for 13 years, sold jl at his store, and competes in spl competition who has a pretty good winning streak.
I'm not saying im more qualified than others in this thread, im just saying im familiar with these woofers and amps, if it means anything.
Whats the prices of these woofers and amps, that should be part of the consideration as well.

TeeG
Unregistered guest
well the seller has 2 tens posted for $910 canadian and thats with shipping, and he says he sells everything jl but his items only show the tens so i emailed him for prices of the 12's and amps today so im not sure yet but your saying the 12's off a 1000/1 would be my best bet

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 274
I'd take the two 12W7's off the PG amp over any of the other options. Tune low with the W7's. 30-32 hz would sound great and give you plenty of output.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 258
2 12's easily because your not risking damaging your stuff and you can always upgrade right.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us