Well, world finals is over, Nobaody broght the promised 180db but...

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 273
Scott Owens won the final round with a 178.0 in extreme 5+. However, the Finns won the cup. They did 178.0 in a qualifing round and won the Death Match.

There were quite a few impressive scores this weekend at the DB Drag World Finals.
One of the most impressive in my opinion 154.2 in Street A. (thats only 1 12" or 2 10"s and only one battery, not to metion thats sealed on the dash, not bad :-) )

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 274
Nobaody= nobody
broght= brought

(sorry, didnt proofread)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2207
sweet.:-O

how do they meter in Extreme 5+?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 136
154.2 with ONE 12" or 2 10" what was that kid using? I went to a comp and the guy had 2 10" L7's with 10,00 WATTS(yes 10,000 watts) going to them and he only hit 149.somthing, 154.2 seems a little high?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 275
and btw, team loud (finns) were doing 180+'s all weekend in thier stall, and at the final round when they were going to show it full tilt some idiot knocked over thier podium by accident in turn breaking thier headunit. I guess they got a new one but ran out of time and had to settle for 2nd. (but they still won the death match which was earlier today)
Quite a few people saw what these guys had though. They were testing in thier pit stall early saturday when they were doin the 180.2, they said even that wasnt full tilt. Too bad we didnt get to see it in the lanes. Oh, well, things happen in competition.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2208
L7's are crap.

no offense,
i don't believe that an L7 could handle 5000wRMS for more than a few seconds, if even that. i have seen too may of them(my stupid friends') fall apart with only the recommended RMS wattage.

Bronze Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 83
with the right box and all i think he could do it, 10000 watts to 2 10's... i dunno about that man... maybe 1000 watts but 10000.... thats crazy, its like 20 5000 watt amps and 40 batteries and 4-5 altenators.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 277
Mike,
he uses....

2- 10in DD 9910s 1- Hifonics Golioth

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1243
Now those Apocalypse XX subs here looks like they could do something

http://www.atomicspeakers.com/

Apparently some sections of this site is not opening right now but i checked it yesterday & it worked fine - but these subs are baaaaaad

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 476
Did you hear/see anyone using American Bass VFL woofers? One of their 18's is supposed to be able to hit burps of 174dB alone.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2209
"over 2-1/2 inch long excursion motor structure "(from Apocalypse's website)

the Treo SSX has 4" of peak to peak excursion.:-)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 278
just ran accross this in the dd forum, he has some extra info i left out........

Jeremiah25

Silver
Member # 873

posted 09 October, 2005 06:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, it's all over now. Edge Audio beat Team Loud, in the final round. Team Loud's head unit did not work in the final round, so they only posted a 171.4 -vs- Edge Audio's 178.0. Both Team Loud and Edge Audio put up a score of 178.0 dB's during the event, but Team Loud has a new world record because they hit the 178.0 two times, where as Edge Audio only did it once. Team Loud also beat Edge Audio in the Extreme Death Match with a score of 175.1 -vs- Edge Audio's trail of smoke comming from their TSW5000spl Pioneer subs. Team Loud also wins the extreme cup and a brand new car! It is a shame that their CD player malfunctioned in the final round, I was really looking forward to seeing a 180+ dB score! But there will be more competitions.

Oh yeah, and DD subs took first place in all three street classes. And Street Max 3-4. They may have won more than that, I'm not sure what the guys that won the other classes were using.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1246
arrrrrrrgh - ya got me beat !
is that the XX model . That page is not opening for me .....

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 279
Does anyone talk about the thread topic anymore instead of just hi-jackin threads.
jeez

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2211
yes, it is the APXX.

this is how i did it.
1. click on the link
2. click on the pic of the black sub.
3. click on the Apocalypse sub link
4. then you should be able to click on the apxx and see what you want.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 385
yah i know, hijack city up in this piece, LMAO

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2213
sorry bro.:-(

ummmmm. so how do they meter Extreme 5+?

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 280
lol,
Muddy, they meter just like all the other drag vehicles, legal position on the dash.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1249
I did not imply anything that was supposed to jack anybody's thread - Upload

Alot of brands were mentioned so i just posted a link that showed some powerful subs ...

Jeeeeze - Why so quick to be judgemental ,take it easy guys . I don't want to buy any Atomic subs & was asking about it - its just a discussion & i was adding my 2 cents ........ Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 281
no biggie, i just thought we could talk about world finals in this post.
As for which subs can do what?, maybe that could be discussed in a thread about loud subs.
but anyways, no biggie, i was just sayin, it seems all the time most of our topics turn into something completely off the subject.

.......I wish they would have had the chance to do the 180 officially.

........and how about that 154.3 in street A?

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 137
The guys name was Rob Vio and it wasnt 5000 RMS thats not what I typed now was it! He had 2 amps both capable of 5000 MAX so 2500 RMS to each, and yes he used 10" L7's and he came in 1st for street A, As I was there and came in 5th for street B, I have the SWEET document saying that..(woot?)

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman111

Keizer, OR US

Post Number: 45
is there any video footage of the event or is it televised or on the internet somewhere to see?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2233
MAX WATTS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!Upload
Upload
Upload
so he had 5000wRMS going to 2 L7's.
that sounds more reasonable, but that is still waayyyyy too much power for the square subs.
now if they were solo-x's, then that is okay, b/c that is the recommended power.

and if you say 10K to 2, then that means 5K to 1......RIGHT!!!!:-)

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 139
It was the Kelowna USACI western Finals. no televison. He did blow one sub in the 1st round they took it out and some kid tried to punch a hole through it...didnt work.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventresults3.asp?Event_ID=7980

Hes in street A, excpet the equipment he used wasnt one sub. I am in 5th place for street B. Except I dont know why they use the qualifying round SPL score..as everyone hit higher in the finals ( I di 139.6)

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 473
He didn't have L7's someone just doesn't know how to distiguish them from solo x's. Also the only person I seen using the American Bass VFL Woofers is Vernon Sargent in Street B. He posted up a 153 somthing. And people keep talking about Team Louds 180+. Well they can say they seen the meter and this and that BUT until that number is posted in competition it doesnt mean sh1t. And the world record for street 1 is over 156 using Cactus Sounds woofers.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 510
Obviously Vernon didn't put much effort into his enclosure, because when done right the VFL subs hit the high 170's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
Tyler that is the stupidest thing I have ever read anyone type. You tell me how you are going to hit 170+ in a crx in Street B where you have a maximum of 2 amplifiers or 4 strapped amps and 1 battery. Do some research before you run your mouth. And in closing your a Dumba$$

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 285
OHHHHH!!!, but your an expert though right Oso?
give me a break man.
AND BTW, team loud has that 180+, believe it, and dont think thier the only ones with it.
You know, I have no idea who you are, do you compete or something?, are you a somebody or a nobody. If your a nobody maybe your the one who needs to stfu, not tyler.
And this little rant about L7's, I see poeple doin 156's, 157's, 158's at almost every show in street set ups so get off that kicker hatin wagon. In fact I bet theres as many stock records set with kicker as there is modified records set with DD.
Anywho, I sure as hell hope team loud comes to usaci/iasca world finals this weekend. Did you miss thier death match score? yeah, they averaged 175+, the highest ever deathmatch score by FAR.
Go ahead Oso, keep hating on people arond here, i'll call you out every time.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2273
i hate Kicker Square Subs b/c my friends have had multiple problems with them, and they drove them within their operating limits.

not only that, but i think they sound like garbage. and they are so UGLY! lol

why are ya hatin on DD?

i know Kickers get loud, but they are NO WAY near the build quality/reliability of DD's subs.

besides that, who cares about SPL.
i like to hear my music loud AND clear. :P :P :P

i'm not trying to argue, just stating my outside opinion.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 476
It not a Kicker hating wagon its called a I know what the he11 im talking about wagon. And no im sorry no one who competes in street competitively uses l7's they use solo x's. Yes i did see the deathmatch with team loud their score was very impressive. I just think until you post your 180+ in a competition you need to stfu about it. See they can set up their termlab and run all their tests and post all their numbers but that does not mean that their meters read the same as the judges. Do you know what their k factor is set for? No one cares what you can claim to do until you post it up so everyone can see. Your also talking about diffrent competitions. Stock and modified was Meca. Meca competitors use completely diffrent equipment then db draggers as it takes diffrent equipment and techniques to achieve high scores in Meca.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 11
Zac oso just started getting into competitions like 2 months ago he really dosent know what hes talking about. I belive you since you been in competitions for years already. And Tyler REALLY dosent know much hes the one who thinks volfehangs sound good and all that crap he was saying. Where could you find pictures and stuff of the world finals i would like to see them.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 286
OK, lets start this post a good foot, from there i'll correct your mis-statements.

I agree, until a score is posted on the leaderboard, it isnt official. That is pretty much a fact, noway around that one. I thought you were sayin it wasnt possible to do the 180, but if your only saying talk about "after" its done officially, then I understand, and agree.

As for MECA, I have no idea what they're about, although I do know they use termlab so your wrong there buddy. Get your facts straight.

As for the DD statement, I was saying there are as many STOCK records done with Kicker as there is MODIFIED resords done with DD.
Obviously an L7 cant withstand the tremendous amounts of power and stress the DD's take, but in stock classes efficiency is key, that is why they are so widely used in lower power classes.

I can name 5 world records set with L7's in usaci just off the top of my head.
0-300 Bs
0-300 Ss
301-900 Ss
901-1800 Bs
901-1800 Ss

Oso, Have you ever competed?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2292
"but in stock classes efficiency is key, that is why they are so widely used in lower power classes."

are you saying that an L7 is efficient?

i think they are used in stock classes b/c they get loud for cheap.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 287
Hi Julian,
Heres a link to some world finals pics :-)

http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventresults4.asp?Event_ID=7517

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 288
Yes Muddy, I am saying they are extremely efficient.

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
Yes I do compete and im sorry no I am not familiar with usaci so you can tell me they use pyle equipment and i wouldn't know any diffrent so you got me there. I compete with the big boys in db drag. I know also know Meca Uses the termlab. I am also willing to bet $1000 that 2 10 Kicker L7 can not withstand 10kw.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 12
http://www.termpro.com/asp/eventresults5.asp?Image=E7517W1M23598P15&Event_ID=751 7

WTF? Ive never seen so many alternators. D@m if you want to be in competitions is alot of work but its worth it.lol

Hey zac Is there any competitions here in Arizona where i live where could i find out i would like to go and check out all the cars with like 5 amps and 8 speakers and all that pretty cool.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1273
Julian,

that is vehicle w/ all the alternators in Alma Gates bronco...:-)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 290
Usaci has 5 different classes.

Basic stock
Super stock
Pro stock
Modifed
Super modifed

Basic and Super use the following power classes
0-300 watts
301-900 watts
901-1800 watts
and 1801+ watts

Pro stock, Modified, ans Super Modified power classes are..

0-1000 watts
1001-5000 watts
and 5001+ watts

The reason L7's arent used much in Db Drag is because there is absolutly no power restrictions, only amp quanity.

As for your "big boys comment", lol
Usaci has been around longer than drag no to mention is still the largest car audio competition organization in the world.

I've got news for you Oso, I am one of those "big boys" your speaking about.

My street C set-up does consistent 57's legal on the dash, and thats without any tuning for legal, that number was done with my outaw box. I dont run drag though so I dont do much building for the legal position. I run outlaw.

Don't swell up Oso until do something to prove yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 532
hey zac was any1 useing shocker subs, i'm just wondering.

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
Well if your setup does 157 on the dash then wouldn't you compete in db drag as seeing the winning spl in Street c was 157? I will also be going to the Unified finals this weekend to compete in the first 2006 3x DB Drag event they are having in conjunction with the finals. Dusitn the only 3 people i seen using shocker was 1 person in street A, 1 person in street B (who by the way took 4th in a 4dr trunk car which is very impressive) and clarissa in Street c.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 293
I'll be there too.
Next time you see Kevin Koller ask him about me, he'll tell how loud my car is lol.
I do Usaci because I like the outlaw format, and I have more friends that do usaci, thats pretty much the main reason. I may come to a show here or there next year to run but only because im building a super modified vehicle, which will be set-up for legal, only stands to reason going to drag shows as well with it.
Anywho, as much as a smart azz you seem to be and how you think you know it all this early in the game, I like you. :-) I'm glad your out there competing and further promoting our industry. Its people like you who keep car audio and the competitive curcuit alive and well.
You'll have to come on over and say hi to me at this weekend. I'll be in a good mood, i'm not comin there to win this year, just bringin a car that will show a respectable number, I want to concentrate on havin a good time for once instead of the frantic runnin around between runs and testing. So stop by and say hi, I'll have a burgandy rex with black 18"s and a black primered hood.
anywho, l8r man, still havent caught your name yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
Names Tony. Im hoping that everyone from DB Drag finals stays home for the first event this year so I can set the first world record that can be shattered at a later date lol. Ill be in the Green Honda Civic 4dr sitting on a full body kit and 19" Black wheels with the chrome lip. I just hope my sponsored by nobody t-shirt comes in time :-) Ill be leaving Friday morning and should be there by Friday night since its a 12 hour drive. Unless I have some problems with the rest of my testing this week. Your right it is good to meet people who are active in our industry. I met a lot of great people at DB Drab finals and hope to do the same this weekend. Just wish people like Pipo Sanchez and Steave Meade were going just so I could sit in their 150+ bass race vehicles and talk with them about it because ever since bass race came along ive been wanting to compete in that but I want to compete in 140-149.9 and in a trunk that will be very hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us