Can anyone help me with ideas for a kick a$$ system to put in my 01 eclipse "plaese!!!!!"

Username: Nbgd018

Post Number: 3
i have a 2001 eclipse that i want the system to go into. i also live in west st paul, so at 2:00am there will be cars driving by and stuff on my walls start shaking and i want the same kind of results.......

i used to have 2 10" mtx with a 1000watt amp and it wasent bad on the in side put didnt do much on the out side....

irocz28
Unregistered guest
put 4 10" sony xplods, with 2 600watt amps.....they can handle 1100watts peak, and damn they pound, put an alpine deck with it, and make sure that the stock speakers in ur car can handle the loud music, if not then upgrade those 2

SONY SUCKS
Unregistered guest
Well, in all honesty Sony sucks major azz. Yeah, you put 1100 watts on them and see what happens, lol. They would pop all to hell. Sony is a childs starter system. You know the kind that a kid has and thinks that it is the best around til he finally gets to hear another name brand. Then finds out that Sony sucks in comparison. SONY SUCKS

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 13
dont even think about buying xplods. they sound horrible and blow very easily. if you really want it to pound then try some 12" solo-x's or 12" JL W7. they're expensive so you could get some 12" kicker L7's or JL w6 v2's. look into some digital design and elementall designs stuff too. they're pretty hard to find where i live, so i dunno if u could find them around you. i dunno how much room u really have but u try some 15" brahmas or DD's or ED's in a ported box. that will get you exactly what ur talkin about. u could also put the 12's in a ported box.dont go light on the amps either, those subs need some serious power, but dont go overboard with it.

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 14
oh yea u might wanna try some dynamat too, unless u like the sound of rattling :-)

mab
Unregistered guest
get 2 dual hatch box for 4 15'' subwoofers that are 1500 watts rms each at 4 ohms get 4 4 ohm amps that have 40 hz. low pass cross overs 1500 rms each on the amps with 96 db sensitvity on each of them

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2021
"get 2 dual hatch box"

wtf is 'dual hatch'

"for 4 15'' subwoofers that are 1500 watts rms each at 4 ohms"

what difference does the thermal tolerance of the coils make to the performance of the speakers? Particularly at a given load?

"get 4 4 ohm amps that have 40 hz. low pass cross overs 1500 rms each on the amps"

why 40Hz? It's too low for roll-off from the rest of the system, and you'd kill the roll-off slope on the upside of the curve with the crossover if the boxes are vented. Bandpass wouldn't even work with that configuration, and sealed wouldn't be too effective crossed over that low either since most of the bass in music is in the 35-80Hz range anyway.

"with 96 db sensitvity on each of them"

why does this matter in the least?
efficiency ratings are meaningless for speakers when they receive over about 100wRMS of power anyway. Completely useless specification for judging a speaker.

Username: Ducati1331

Post Number: 4
Stay away from Sony...that guy is living in a dream world...the only day sony will become good is if they combined with JL or someone good. I would love to see Xplods do 1500watts...lmfao

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 447
"why does this matter in the least?
efficiency ratings are meaningless for speakers when they receive over about 100wRMS of power anyway. Completely useless specification for judging a speaker. "

not completely true - pending on how many watts you put on ityou can tell ROUGHLY how many dB's you'll put out

but yes for the most part it is meaningless

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2083
in high powered systems, too much is lost to other factors to use sensitivity accurately for anything.
heat, inefficiency, driver design, damping factor, box design, actual power, vehicle type..
just way too many things that make it just a number on paper.. particularly for subs.
plus by itself, it's even more of a meaningless number, since you can find an audiobahn 8" sub with some overly inflated efficiency then compare it to say, an 8W7 with an efficiency of maybe 88dB, and that W7 with the same 500wRMS of power will blow the AB sub out of the water.

mab
Unregistered guest
i am not talking about sony explodes because they are shi%..................

mab
Unregistered guest
lets all take a miniute to tank glaaswolf for 100 percent acuratcy

ryanryanryan
Unregistered guest
sony sucks everything they make is general quality for the general consumer not good or even high quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us