MB Quart Subs?

WhatDoYouThink
Unregistered guest
Does anybody now anything about the MB Quart subs? I cant figure out the RMS power on them, im looking at the Premium or Reference Series subs. 12's with dual 2 ohm coils. Are they loud at all? I'm used to two 12 type-r, will these be better? Will I be underpowering the MB Quarts with 1000 watts split between two? Somebody please enlighten me.

Bronze Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 91
i actually own a PWE 352 15" sub 800rms watts running at 500rms Watts right now i was expecting more from it. due to the fact that sub at one time sold for 400$. they sound decent not slamming bass like i wanted. put it this way my friend had a a mtx 4500or 5500 sub pushed by and old mtx thunder 502 and it sounded way louder it could have been my car since it huge or it just me, i think it a good sub it just that i wouldnt buy another one i want a RE SX 15" instead, I also am new the to ther car audio i dont have any expericen with anything else except what i have now its my first system i hope someone else can help us both as for your rms rating on those other subs i dont know off top i have a directerory with all those subs in it but its not at my house right now if you cant find it soon i will post the rms rating for you

oh here is how big my car matterfact this is my car http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

WhatDoYouThink
Unregistered guest
thanks killerzracing71, sweet car. any body else know anything? any other reccomendations?

WhatDoYouThink
Unregistered guest
Somebody please help!!! I'm looking for subs i can get for about 100-120 bucks apeice on EBay. Are the MB Quarts good? What would be better around 500 watts rms with dual 2 ohm voice coils or one 4 ohm voice coil. Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Keith78

Post Number: 13
ive heard great things of the diamond d3s with 400 rms watts per sub. also idq is a great choice im trying to decide between the 2 right now. d3s seem best quality bang for buck..but more opinions would be great

WhatDoYouThink
Unregistered guest
i didnt think about the diamond d3. anybody have any opinion on how that would compare with type-r's? i hear the idq isnt that loud, which is kinda what i wanted. anybody else got more?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
im pretty sure that the diamond weighs 22 pounds and the type r weigh 15 but not totally sure but if thats sure thats substantial if you look at the cone and magnet of the diamond its pretty impressive

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2221
magnet size alone doesn't determine how a sub will sound, or how loud it will get.

it has more to do with controlling the VC in the magnetic gap if i'm not mistaken.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
have you ever heard d3s, mud i think 1000 watts would be to much for shivas but maybe not idq. do you think the d3s will get pretty loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
muddy bc i cant decide what would be better on 900 to 1000watts the idq or d3 or perfects

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2224
i would personally go with the IDQ's.
i have heard the ID's, they were 10's and they wasn't much power used, and they sound loud and accurate.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
you heard or read any thing on d3s

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2225
the power handling on the IDQ's is only 350wRMS on the 12's.

the website says 500, but in the PDF files located on the tech page, they are listed at 350wRMS.

i think 1000wRMS would be too much for 2 IDQ's, b.c they are very efficient, and don't require even their full power handling to get loud.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2226
i'm not too familiar with the D3's, sorry.:-(

one of the audioshops across town sells Diamond Audio, but i don't hang out over there. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
awesome info thats the type of sh*t im trying to find out ithink the idq would be more suited for like 750 or 800 at most ,you think d3 would handle 900watts that probably be right on the money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
ps that one sub your car, pretty tight

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2230
yes it's pretty tight if that was a ?, and thanks if that was a statement. lol

800-900w would be fine for the D3's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
statement. thats pretty tight. i just like that 1 sub look. also 2 idq louder than 2 type rs? hmmm

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2231
hmmmmm. i go with not louder, but they will sound better. but that's not to say that the Type-R's won't sound good.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us