Ebay Woofers + Amps?

Username: Eddyg519

Post Number: 3
I was thinking of getting some woofers off ebay (powerseller with great ratings), is that a good idea?

Also will Six VOLFENHAG ZX-4712 DVX 12" (500watt RMS each) pound with extream force? :P Because its in my budget...also what kinda Amps do i need to power these bad boys and do i need a second battery?

Thanks in advance!

- Eddy

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3969
if he is a power seller then I would say it is fine. I buy things off of ebay all the time. I would not personally go with the VOLFENHAG's but that is me. You would get much better performance by a couple of better subs powered correctly then by six bad,unreliable subs. As far as what you would need to power them according to the specs you posted you would need 3000 watts which to answer your last ? about needing a second battery the answer would be no unless you were going to be cranking your stereo with your car off. What you do need is a very very hefty alternator upgrade because no stock alternator could handle anywhere near that amount of power. How much are the subs you are looking for on ebay?

Post Number: 4
well ive been looking around and the Van's dont seem to be the best ones...

im now looking at these : http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-KICKER-S15L7-SOLO-BARIC-15-SUBWOOFERS-NEW-2005-MODEL_W0QQit emZ5817261275QQcategoryZ58035QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

thats 2 15" Kickers = 2000watts RMS
Im considering getting a 3rd but i mean is it worth it? It will most likely be played in a hatchback... lol

- Eddy

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3970
for $500 you could get 2-RE SX 12's that would sound so much better and be louder then either of the set-ups you have mentioned. When you add more subs into your equasion if you give 2 subs 1000 watts and then add a 3rd so now the subs get 333 watts it will not be any louder. In order for you to make a audible difference you would have to give the third sub the same power as the other subs. So if you have 1000 watts to 2 subs you would need 1500 watts to 3 subs and so on. Also the box you decide to use will make a huge huge difference in how your subs sound. What is your goal? do you want HIGH SPL with no reguards to SQ or do you want a mix of both? what kind of car is this going in? how much is your entire budget?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 269
I wouldnt necessarily say the SX's would be louder than the L7's, but they'll definitely sound a hell of a lot better. Also they're much more of a reliable sub than the L7's.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 353
Either way you go the alternator is going to have to be upgraded.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 441
I think the Volfenhags might even sound better than the L7's :P

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 194
lol tyler always defending your volfs

how do i figure out the amps consumption on a class d mono amp ? well it would just be easier to tell me ... the kx1200.1 thanks
i know the kx200.2 will take bout 16

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 360
multiply by 1.2

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 444
Oh...one of these days "A German Concept" will reign supreme LMAO!

Post Number: 5
lol thanks for the help guys

sorry i dont know alot of sub names but who makes the "RE SX 12's" ?

Im basically going to listen to Trance and hiphop (so a mix of SPL and SQ i suppose).

- eddy

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2190
Resonant Engineering

www.reaudio.com

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 13
RE is Resonant Engineering. You can find their subs at www.reaudio.com
If you are looking for a good SPL sub, dont buy the kicker, buy the RE .mt series. If you want a mix, go with the .sx series. Here are some specs for you:

Resonant Engineering Pricelist
(note prices do not include shipping and handling charges)

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

there is a $25 charge to upgrade the MT or TripleX line to a quad voice coil configuration.

-------------

RE - 175wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm

SE - 600wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm

SX - 1000wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm

XXX - 1600wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm, QVC 2 & 1 available

MT - 2500wRMS to 5000wRMS -- DVC .7 & 1.4 ohm, QVC .7 & 1.4 ohm

Post Number: 7
so would kicker be a good SQ sub? because my friend is getting a decent system in his truck (s10).. thinking of tossing like 2 10's under the back seats (rasied) and one 12 or 15" in the middle of the 2 seats (if it fits).

- Eddy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us